I do-A Becoming Popular Scene

"To a rebel anywhere out there. Seriously, call me and propose."

*A Becoming Popular scene*

Everything was going wrong.

And God dammit, for the first time in my life, I absolutely hated the bloody rain. Don't get me wrong, England was filled with rainy days but I mean I moved to Redwood for a reason. Sure that reason may have been because of my lousy mother, but it also meant that sunny days were a thing I was used to. But for the love of fuck's sake, why did it have to be a bloody storm where you go all lockdown prison-mode!?

I had everything planned out. It was going to be as simple as it could be, and so what if I got help from a thirteen year old girl and her best friend and those silly girly magazines I may have snuck in and read when no one was at that girly apartment, but it was supposed to go according to the damn plan! And what happens? Of course Murphy's Law happens! It's like the blasted man indulges himself on these things happening, these bloody fucked up things happening!

A dinner reservation at the fanciest and best restaurant in the city, the one that boasted about the lobster which by the way, a major aphrodisiac, not that I ever believed in that crap; who the heck eats a lobster and feels sexy then want to bang a girl? I eat lobster and bam, it's like someone turned on the sleeping switch and I'm off to bed, ready for a bedtime story. So yeah, lobster was not on the menu tonight.

But it wasn't just the lobster I had made sure to cut out of the night; there was also the silly romance stuff you see on TV. I mean what was so real about handing some flowers and you know, the card stuff that eventually gets hidden away and then rummaged out by a rat that will in turn eat that piece of paper like it's the best form of cheese ever. I was going to surprise her with her family and friends, it was a win-win situation and I knew for certain that she was going to say no, hell, she'd been hinting at it ever since Valentine's Day.

It was cute.

Well that's what I thought on the inside but I mean what kind of fag goes and tells his buds that, 'Hey my girlfriend is so adorable because she hints at spending her life with you'? Maybe Dave does...it would explain so much because a lot of swimmers did have that gay look to them and Dave, well I've had my suspicions about him for a while now, especially since he's so on and off with Amanda lately. Maybe she hinted at marriage too and he panicked as he thought of his guy lover back home?

Fuck, I've turned into those gossiping chicks.

I bloody blame this stress I've gone through, and the fucking stress that I'm going through now! Where the hell does a storm just pop out of nowhere and suddenly terrorise the city so that roads have to be shut down because it's 'not safe Sir'. Does it look like I care if it's safe or not? Bloody hell no! I care if the stupid reservation gets cancelled and everyone calls and explains that they can't make it because of some silly water that attacked streets.

But rant aside; I was fucking panicking like a bitch that got her menopause too early. What was I supposed to do dressed up like I was about to propose at home? Well, it was supposed to be a proposal at a restaurant but thanks to the damn rain... Shit if I continue like this, that irritating vase my mother got me is going to be thrown out the window-the highest window of the building.

Okay Sean, stop fucking acting like a girl and think. What are you going to do now huh? Just sit here and cry yourself to sleep because all this hard work is going down the drain because of a few drops of rain? Hell to the fucking no you're not. You're Sean Gregory, the Sex God of the century and currently dating the best girl in the bloody whole world. Does that mean that when you think of her then you become this stupid teen in love? Maybe but that's not the point.

The point is that I was not going to do nothing.

Grabbing a rain coat, because I was awesome like that and still got a bit paranoid about when it was going to rain, I charged out of the apartment with a small box burning a hole in my pocket. I didn't notice the strange look Albert; the doorman gave me as I pushed through the entrance of the apartment building and dashed towards the street where rain was literally flooding the tarred roads. It sounded like a thousand hailstones were shooting at the roofs of every building and for the first time that night, I realised why everyone hadn't dared to leave their homes.

But what was a little rain? I had grown up to smell of it and this storm was not going to stop me at all. Mustering up every ounce of courage I owned like the ring I had bought, I began to march down the streets like some deranged man who didn't know better. My skin instantly grew cold with the rain pouring down on me and I wondered if being panicky was messing up with my logic because for starters, I didn't bring an umbrella and secondly I didn't own one.

Mentally slapping my forehead, I gritted my teeth and charged down the street, eager to finally get to her apartment before I died from hypothermia. The streets were silent from any form of human, well unless you considered nature to be human and that would mean the rain which sounded like pebbles striking the ground. My body was freezing with the cold, but maybe it was the nerves and the panic because I still felt hot from the one question I would be asking the one person who would make or break my life.

Maybe I had taken the hints all wrong and she didn't really want to get hitched. Maybe she wanted to just pull a Chris and Juliet and get eloped in Vegas because that's where all the 'hitched in Vegas' stories happen and 'Why wouldn't you want to get hitched in Vegas'? But frankly, I couldn't picture her wanting to elope in some foreign gambling city with all these flashing lights and booze that went around like happy hour.

In fact, I could picture her wanting the real deal.

And I was the real deal. Well I would have been the real deal if it wasn't raining like there was a hurricane approaching. Why does everything fucking come back to the rain? It's like God is giving me a warning that this shouldn't be happening and I should turn around and get into a shower where the steam would bring me back to my senses. But what if it was a test to prove how much I wanted this? It would be bloody stupid to suddenly chicken out after all that trouble I went through...fuck, why is this so hard?

There! Finally her apartment building was in my sights and it felt like the clouds had parted and the beautiful sunshine had taken over the gloomy darkness, but of course that wasn't true because the rain carried on its way onto my body like daggers and I was still feeling cold as ever. Biting back a cry of anguish, I struggled against the strong winds towards the front doors of the apartment and paused abruptly when it opened.

"Sean?"

I blinked away the rain that had blurred my vision as my eyes fell onto the blonde bombshell that was to be mine. Well, at least I hoped so.

Her hair was set perfect in soft curls over one shoulder and her lips were painted a cherry-red that seemed oh-so-bloody-inviting. The red on her lips matched the figure hugging red dress that came to a stop just above her knee. The lacy long-sleeve covered her skin beautifully and the neckline came high, hiding any form of cleavage from me. I let out a girly sigh then smiled a smile reserved only for her.

"Vivienne," I greeted.

Her blue eyes widened as she scanned my body then they flew back to my face, "Are you insane? It's pouring outside and you're soaked!"

I ignored her as I grabbed her hands in mine before getting onto one knee. Vivienne's eyes widened again and in that instant, I forgot all about the rain and noisy patter surrounding us. I forgot about the peering faces from inside the apartment lobby and the surprised look on Vivienne's face. All I could think about was asking her the question that would change my life entirely.

"Vivienne," I began, "this was going to be a whole lot more sentimental and intimate but right now, it doesn't matter," I sucked in a breath as I pulled out the ring, "Will you marry me?"

Eyes flying to the ring then to my face then back to the ring and finally a smile broke across her face as Vivienne pulled me up to my feet and breathed out, "Yes Sean, I will."

A/N Hey everyone and Geeklings who have returned for all Sean's POV :) Just wanted to thank you for reading and supporting! Remember to vote, comment and spread the word!

Love you all!

xoxo

Mona-Mae