Chapter 2: The Surprise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need you and you want me

Jigurani byeoreseo oh oh oh oh

Every every everyday

Naega mandeun history

Those lines keep on repeating at the background. I’m at the white room full of books with the ARCHI and I can’t believe that they are reading books too.

Guess what I’m listening to exo’s song. The song is playing at my headphones. I can’t believe this. I stop at the music at my iPod but the music is still playing. I ignore it and a loud bang at the white door.

BANG BANG BANG!! A loud knock at our room. And then I realize that I’m dreaming. I reach out searching for my phone under my pillow and look at the time. It’s 6 in the morning. What will be the rush then?

“Girls!!! Wake up!! I have a surprise for you!!” mumsy screams at the other side of the door. “GIRRRLSS!! SERIOUSLY! WAKE UP!!”

Mumsy is Eunice’s mother. She is so cool. She treated us like her own daughter.

“Mooooooooooom! Can you wait??? It’s only 6 in the morning. What’s the surprise? Is there a fire?” Eunice jumps into her bed and open the door.

“Good morning mumsy? What’s the rush?” looking at them but I'm still lying on the bed

Mumsy is grinning and holding iPad. “Guess what girls… I know you will faint after hearing my news” Evil grin escape into her mouth.

“Spill the beans mumsy. You’re killing us” Kiela said while rubbing her eyes.

I look at Athea’s body moving but I can say that she is still struggling if she will open her eyes or just continue sleeping.

“You will spend your vacation in Korea” Momsy said while jumping like a kid waiting for her mom to give her the ice cream.

“KOREA????!!!?? IS THIS FOR REAL? OH NO! I THINK I’M DREAMING! WAKE UP ATHEA! WAKE UPPP!” Athea is sitting at the bed while pinching her cheeks.

Kiela, Eunice and I are already standing and holding each other’s hand with excitement with our faces. We are smiling from ear to ear while we waits to the details of the surprise.

“Yes girls! It’s for real. No need to worry I settle it already. I talked to your parents and they all agree with my plan since you guys don’t have any plan for this coming holiday.” Mumsy said with a calm voice and holds our hands.

Mom!!! You’re the best! You know that right?” Eunice said and hug her mom.

We hug her too. Athea jump out on the bed and join us.

“Mumsy, I can’t believe that we will spend another vacation together and the best part is we are going to South Korea! KOREEEEEEEEEEAAAAA!!! OPPA SARANGHAE~” I said while shaking my body.

“I know it will be fun guys. Thank you so much momsy. You are the most generous creature in this whole wide world.” Kiela said and hug momsy.

Our moment is interrupt by Athea “GUYS! Please tell me this is for real. I’m going to my other home and we do have a 60% percent chance to meet some boy group” oh yeah her she go again.

Stop it dear, yes it’s for real and your mom told me that you girls can stay with your grandmother’s house at Korea. So, no worries” momsy said reassuring us.

Athea, Eunice and Kiela scream and jump like their lives depend on it. Athea just lost it she jump on the bed and roll like a buffalo. “EXOOOOOOOOOO” they all scream and I just smile at them. I’m happy that they will have a chance to see some boy group.

“You girls?? Us? Only us? Momsy you’re not coming with us? Athea ask with an obvious confusion in her face.

Hell yes! So have fun!” Mumsy said while throwing her hands in the air. “ and take note it’s on Friday, you girls will spend your two weeks in Korea. Exciting right”

“YIIIIIIII!!!” We all scream and hug mumsy.

Well, yeah! Momsy is generous. I remembered her last surprise to us. We spent my birthday at Palawan. Yeah MY birthday, she loves surprising us with this kind of stuff and we are enjoying it. Our parents are also close friends. Our mother’s are like us way back their high school time so that’s why she doesn’t have a hard time convincing them about this kind of surprises.  We just love our parents.

This is the first time we will travel outside the country, Philippines.

Wait guys! Our midterms will on 12th of December? How can we take our exams when we will suppose to leave at 8th?” Kiela said breaking our moment of excitement

“I told you girls there’s no need to worry. I mean you girls must worry because you will take your midterms on Monday so you better start reviewing. K?” Mumsy said and walk out the room leaving us the bunch of papers with the details of our tours.

Oh mumsy is an angel! I so love her just like a love my mom.

I look at my friends face and they are grinning like a lunatic. We are still holding each other’s hands while Athea is still rolling on the bed.

“Hey guys I’m out of here. I think I need to thank my parents about this” I said as I hug all of them

“Me too. Eunice thank you for being our friend. I very love you. I very love you all” Athea said imitating Yixing's english while hugging us.

“Ok, you guys go home and I will stay and just call my mom” Kiela said and search for her phone at our bed.

I arrive at my house and I run at my parent’s room and they are not there. I run around the house searching for them and I got disappointed when I knew that they are not home. I guess they left already. I dialed my mom’s number at my phone

“mom?”

“Yes dear?” She said at the other line. “I’m at the meeting dear. Talk to you later ok? I know that you call because of your tour. Listen, I’m still thinking about it ok? So don’t expect too much. I’m just thinking we spend our Christmas break together.”

That statement just slaps me on my face. It feels like I want to spend my time with my family but I do want to go to Korea with my friends but oh god. I think I’m going to cry now. I’m not expecting this.

“Hey dear, are still there? Got to go the meeting will start after 2 minutes. Talk to you later. I love you.” Then she hung up without even waiting for my reaction.

The of spend-your-time-with-your-family thing just hit me. So I decided to send a text message to my friends

“Guys, I don’t think I’ll be going. ;( I don’t expect this”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i know that the GIF doesn't have any connection with the story. I just love it. I love it when he is showing his dimples. I'm so freaking melting. hahaha!