So we meet

CRASH! I heard something behind me and stood up frantically. There was nothing. I started checking the drawers "what the hell was that" i mumbled under my breath. CRASH! My head whipped to where the sound was coming from. A tall man with big blonde hair, mismatched eyes, and attire looking as though he was from a fairy tale was staring at me. I screamed and threw the winnie the pooh lamp at him. He grabbed it and set it down.  "Mari" he spoke, it was the same voice that was in my head. "Don't be so rash. I've come to help you" i made sure i stayed a good distance from him "help me? What would I need your help with? Who even are you?" His smile both scared me and drew me in.

"You made your call and here I am. you have said the words to take away the baby and i have delivered." i stood dumbfounded "that means..." "yes" he nodded "i'm the goblin king. Do not fret however i am not a ruthless man. In return for your child, I give you a crystal" a ball appeared in his hands. He moved it delicately but that could not distract me. The initial shock was beginning to wear off and my mind was racing a thousand miles a second. He was here. The goblin king. The story was true, that meant. "CATHAY!" i yelled "if you turn it this way and that way, and look into it. It will show you your dreams".he spoke ignoring me. His lines seemed rehearsed, played out.

"Where is cathay!" I screamed at him. His smug look only seemed to grow. "She's in my castle. Beyond the goblin city but, that doesn't concern you does it" he walked to me. Our eyes never breaking as his confident long strides seemed to never stop "Mari" i was frozen in place. My head filled with emotions unknown mixed with adrenaline, anger and fear, all seemed to stop when he was in front of me. "You've had it so hard haven't you" he gently grabbed my face "this world has been so unfair to you. It's used you up and spit you back out.  You poor thing." his thumb caressed my face. Looking at him now he truly was stunning. He had this presence that roped you in. "Take my offer. Live inside your dreams. You can be free mari." he spoke the last few words with such emphasis that it embedded itself into my mind. "Can I be free?" my words a whisper

"Yes," he nodded, "forget the baby mari." He grabbed my hand and set the crystal down. It felt cool and unknown. "I- i cant" i gave him back the crystal. "I can't take the crystal. I want Cathay back. I appreciate your offer but you're in my home. This isn't right.'' I stepped back away from him and bumped into the wall " I can't run away. It's my fault she's gone so you see I have to get her back no matter what" he scoffed. "don't play hero now. You're the one who offered her and I simply fulfilled your request '''' I didn't mean it!" "what's said is said mari" i felt a tear leave my eye. "Please ill do anything" Jareth thought of the last time he had fun with anybody. It had definitely been years, maybe more than 30. "Very well. Do you see-" he pointed off to a castle that was in the center of an elaborate maze. "The castle beyond the goblin city"

He nodded. He stood behind me now, one hand on my shoulder. "You will have 13 hours to solve my labyrinth. Succeed and you may get your baby back. Fail and you will have no memory of both the baby and of the labyrinth" questions were filling my mind. How did we get here? Where am i? Is this real? I turned around to face him. "13 hours?" he nodded. "Okay but I have one condition" he raised an eyebrow. I stood up straight and looked him dead in the eyes. I was trying to come off as intimidating but I felt like I failed miserably. "If I ever need you, for whatever reason, you must come immediately. " His eyes widened and he threw his head back and laughed. "It's not funny, I'm serious" in my head it made sense. Though I had no one to trust, if he was the king, he would be my best shot at surviving. Given the gruesome background of his, I was expecting death in the maze. This was my best shot at survival if it came down to the worst.

"My my" he spoke after regaining himself "you are an interesting girl. Very well however you may only call upon me 3 time" i gulped and looked back to the castle "i'll save her" i spoke to him but i was saying it more to reassure myself. I tend to have a habit of that. I turned around to speak to him but he was gone now. "It's now or never" I moved further ahead whenever I tripped on a rock or something. I fell down the unevenness of the hill scraping my clothes. "Oh shit" I cursed. I painfully slid down to the bottom. "That's such a hazard jesus. If hes such a great king cant he make some stupid stairs" i relaized i didnt even know his name. I'd have to ask him eventually. I saw the wall of the labyrinth. It was gigantic and a beige color. It was made up of bricks, lined high almost as if it were trying to reach the sky