CHAPTER 51: You are a grown man

--

Yue Ling had just finish passing out the gifts to all the servants with the help of Housekeeper Hu.

She loves everyone in Ji Mansion, they were like family to her and always treated her well. Even though she only visits and it's been three years since she was last here, everyone still treated her the same.

While she was smiling happily watching the excited looks of all the servants, she didn't notice that Old Man Ji was glaring bullets at the servants.

Housekeeper Hu glance at the old man and wanted to laugh. The old man looked like a angry and jealous kid who didn't get anything for Christmas.

He pout his lip and whistle. "Wheew"

Yue Ling stopped what she was doing and looked at Housekeeper Hu. She wanted to laugh but at the same time cry.

From young till now, she knew Housekeeper Hu could never whistle. His whistle was like a blow only, but it always worked.

Housekeeper Hu gesture with his eyes to the sofa.

Yue Ling follow his eyes and she was dumbfounded. Her grandfather was so angry and jealous that his old face turned ten shades of black.

She cleared her throat awkwardly, "Ahem." She straighten her posture and walks to the bags from Essence.

"Yeye, I also-"

Suddenly, a pair of slender arms wrap around her from behind with a loud thud.

The impact caused her to take a step forward, but she steadied herself.

She felt something press on her back and the arms tighten more.

Old Man Ji frown, Yue Ling was just about to say something, but how dare this boy interrupt her. He scoffed, "Jingxu, where are your manners?"

Ji Jingxu did not care about the old man, he continued to hug his older sister like a child who's just been reunited with his long lost mother.

Yue Ling's eyes softened and she smile, "I'm here now, Jingxu."

Jingxu sniffed and reluctantly let go of Yue Ling, he spoke hoarsely was teary eyes, "Jie, What took you so long?"

Yue Ling turn to looked at the boy and her heart softened like marshmallow. His words made her heart ache and a guilty feeling tug in her. Raising her hand, she gently pat his head.

He was still wearing his school uniform, so she could tell he had just gotten home from school.

"Sorry it took me so long, but I'm here now."

Old man Ji erupted with jealousy, he hadn't even spent much time with his granddaughter and Jingxu, that brat is already hogging her to himself.

He coughed loudly without a care, "Jingxu, you are a grown man, why are you crying?!"

Yue Ling: "....."

Ji Jingxu: "...."

Housekeeper Hu: "...."

Yue Ling cast a look at the old man with speechlessness. Did he really just say Jingxu was too old to cry? Didn't he also cried earlier too?!

Ji Jingxu glare at the old man and blush embarrassingly at the same time, but he didn't care. The only person important at this moment was his older sister.

Old man Ji ignores Jingxu's vicious glares and ushers Yue Ling to finish what she was going to say earlier.

"Ah Ling, what was it that you were going to say?"