chapter one

━━━━  ❪   floriana cruz is dead !   ❫          ❪ # 🪦  ❫ ❛ 𓏸 𓍢 SEASON ONE EPISODE ZERO THE DEVIL'S WORK  ❚  𒄬 ࣪˖ ›⋆ Ꮺ

          ❪ # 🪦 ❫ ❛ 𓏸 𓍢 SEASON ONE EPISODE ZERO
THE DEVIL'S WORK  ❚  𒄬 ࣪˖ ›⋆ Ꮺ

━━━━  ❪   floriana cruz is dead !   ❫          ❪ # 🪦  ❫ ❛ 𓏸 𓍢 SEASON ONE EPISODE ZERO THE DEVIL'S WORK  ❚  𒄬 ࣪˖ ›⋆ Ꮺ

           "𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂?" Dean questioned his younger brother. Sam was quiet and hadn't taken his eyes off his fathers journal, looking for a clue, anything to tell them where John Winchester had ran off too. The impala was filled with silence as Dean waited for Sam to acknowlege the question.

The silence was offputting, in more ways than one. It was like getting locked in a room with the worst parts of yourself and the worst part of Dean was trying to convince him this was all his fault. The last moments shared with his father played like a broken record.

How come he didn't see it coming? Surely he was would've noticed if his father was about abandon his family and disappear . . . right?

Sam shook his head and mumbled a quiet no, still not taking his eyes off the journal. More silence. He didn't respond to Sam, he didn't move.

He should of known, that's what he keeps telling himself. He should've known what John was planning. What kind of a hunter wouldn't know? Dean had already fallen the dark pit of self loathing to see Sam lift his head and begin to speak again. "Dean?"

Sam waved his hand in front of Dean's face, effectively drawing himself back to the land of the living. "Dude, you hear me?" Sam asked, pulling his hand away from Dean's face. "Huh?"

"I said, I'm good," Sam reiterated. Dean nodded and reached for his door handle. "Huh, yeah . . . suit yourself, then," Dean grumbled, practically sprinted out of the impala. He praised the gods above for the horrible elevator music that mumbled through the cheap broken speakers inside the gas station.

It filled his ears and slammed the door the silence had opened. Sighing in relief, he passed through a few aisles before landing on a bag of trail mix to ease his growing hunger.