Chapter 45

Tobias POV
We walk home, I'm carrying luca. He's asleep and his head is curled in the crook of my neck. I can hear his evened breaths, and he looks so happy sleeping. Tris is getting tired, you can tell by the way she's almost walked into walls about three times already. "Tris." I say and she turns. "I'll get luca to bed, you go get ready for bed." I say. She doesn't argue so she disappears into the bedroom.

"Okay buddy." I say shaking luca awake. I set him down and he rubs his eyes. "Let's get you changed huh?" I say walking to his drawers and grabbing some pajamas. I go back over to him and unzip his giant coat. I slide it off him and help him change into his pjs. He gets under the covers and I kiss him goodnight. "Night bud." I say and I see him smile before drifting off again.

"Hey." I say to tris after closing our bedroom door. "Hi." She says. She's wearing one of my shirts, it's a dark grey. Her hairs in a messy bun and she's barefoot so you can see her black painted toe nails. "What's wrong?" I ask. I takes shirt off and slip sweatpants on. I walk over to her and slide her onto my lap. "What's wrong?" I ask again, not satisfied with silence for an answer.

"I don't want to be sick any more." She says. "I know baby. But you'll get better I promise." I say. She looks up at me and places one hand on my chest, the coolness mixing with my body warmth. She sits up more so she can press her lips to mine. I lay us back and we keep kissing passionately. I break away and look at her. "Alright beautiful, we should probably get some sleep." I say. She laughs and snuggles into me.