Chapter 14

"Here ve go." I say standing up as past Hermione and I walk out of the tunnel. The others stand up and join me. "See Sirius, talking to us over zhere?" I point. "He's asking us to come an' live vith him."

"What did you say?" Hermione grinned excitedly.

"Yes, of course. Zhere ain't no vay I'm going to live vith zhem Dursleys."

"Harry!" Past Hermione screamed and we watched as Lupin shifted. I gasp.

"I'm going to get Pettigrew. And I von't let him get away." I left before anyone could say anything.

I knew where he was heading towards the lake. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Malfoy running after me. "Hi?"

"Well I couldn't let you go off on your own." He said giving me this look.

"Vell, come on!"

We arrived to see a human Pettigrew drinking out of the lake. He stood turned into his rat form and scuttled away. I flicked my wand and put a stun charm on him that lasted for a couple of hours. I ran over and grabbed him and placed him not so quite roughly in my pocket. I turned suddenly to Malfoy. I could hear Sirius running through the forest.

"Ve hav' to ve on zhe ozher side ov zhe lake! Ve're never going to make it!"

We ran into the first, hiding ourselves just as Sirius came out and collapsed. We ran quickly and dodged pat Harry on the way. But no matter how fast we ran we were never going to make it. We were only halfway when Harry had already tried a Patronus. Oh no! The next thing I remember is all of my energy drained from me and a bright light where I was supposed to be standing. Malfoy caught my head before I hit the solid ice of the frozen lake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I woke up in hospital the next morning. I had had the best sleep in my life. A deep one. I wasn't a deep sleeper. I stretched and I felt a weight come down on my bed. I fluttered my eyelids open and saw the beaming face of Harry.

"Hey sleepy head." Harry teased.

"Hey. Vhat's up?"

"Nothing much. Just found out what your Patronus was."

"Yeah? Vhat is it?"

"A Pegasus."

"Veally? I love Pegasus'. Zhey are my varourite creature. Vhat happened?"

"Well, I heard you say that you were never going to make it to conjure the Patronus so Hermione and I raced over there and I used your Patronus energy. And the most amazing thing happened. This big, Pegasus appeared infront of us. He had ibis wings folded back and everything. He was amazing. Luckily Malfoy caught your head because you would of been sleeping for a whole lot longer. You fainted and fell onto the lake.

"Oh? Thanks Malfoy." I looked around the room, but he wasn't there.

"He isn't here. It's only family at the moment. Don't know why." Then he gasped. "You said his name right."

"I did. It zeems I'm getting vetter at zhis. Zo zid you vind Petrigrew in my pocket?"

"Yep." Malfoy answered. He, Ron and Hermione walked in."And he just pleaded guilty. He's already be locked up in Azkaban."

I sighed. "Vhere's Sirius?"

"He had to go take care of some things. Like have a shower." Hermione rolled her eyes.

I laughed. Yeah that was a big one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked out of the hospital wing the next morning, having gotten discharged. I felt some what different. Like normal different. I didn't have to put on an act or something. I can't explain it. But I went back to being me. The outstanding, sassy girl who didn't play by the rules. I wore a red, scaly skin midriff that came up around my neck. I hadn't worn something like this since last year. I wore dark denim shorts to complete the look. I walked in with a full school uniform Harry. Hermione and Ron leaned back to look at us. Ron raised his eyebrows and Hermione shot him a glare which made his ears turn pink.

We walked down the aisle and looked over at Malfoy who stood up and came over. I nodded to Harry and he went over to sit with Hermione and Ron.

"Hi Draco."

"Hi Lila." He said hesitantly. "Nice clothes by the way. You know your Su--"

"Supposed to ve in uniform yeah I know. But hav' you ever known me to go vy the rules Malfoy?"

"You said my name right?" I nodded. "Well no. So I guess that's what your doing?"

"No I just voke up this morning, veeling diverent. I banted to go vack to veing myself. Like many students here, I had put up a mask. Vut I took it down and I'm prepared for anything that comes my vay."

"Like this?" Malfoy leant in and gave me a kiss. It wasn't a in and out it was a lingering one.

"Oh, maybe. Maybe I vasn't prepared for zhat but I defiantly . . . but I defiantly liked it."

He smiled and I have a giggle. "I'm pretty sure the whole entire school is staring at us." He said.

"Mmmhh" I nodded. We laughed again.

"Hey I was wondering. Are you coming back next year?"

"Me? Of course. I vouldn't let Hogwarts get boring again. Plus I think I might stick around . . . vor you."

He smiled. "Yeah I'd like that."

We went to our tables and before I could sit down, I saw Dumbledore shake his head. I bounced my eyebrows and smiled. He shook his head again but smiled. I was so grateful to him. I had gotten away with so many things this year. And it was Dumbledore who let me off. It was also Dumbledore that brought me to my twin.