Chapter 5

Tony's perspective

After a lot of convincing Pepper agreed to come to France with me. I lied as to why we were there but she figured it out the second we got on the plane as she knew I was hiding something.

I convinced May to let Peter come over all Summer starting in a couple days to train so he was ready for anything. The kid seemed excited and I hope things turn out ok.

After landing we met the car that was waiting for us and went to a hotel owned by the mayor, not gonna lie the guy seemed like a pushover.

After going over everything I knew about Ladybug, and explained to Pepper what was going on she sighed, she agreed to it as the teen would get training in case she decided to stay a hero.

So seeing as there was what forty minutes till school would end we headed over to her family's bakery.

Walking in it smelt delicious, there was no joke about it, all the pastries looked good. After waiting in a queue of customers we were able to talk to Tom and Sabine.

They were surprised when we first asked about their daughter, as I was known for science and their daughter liked fashion.

They agreed to talk after serving some customers who were in line as soon as we were sitting in their living room, talking to them.

We went with the story that I had found her in one of the suits Jagged Stone designed. I am not a fan of that guy. Why listen to him when you have ACDC. Also Audrey mentioned her being a great designer.

We made up the lie that we needed a designer for the summer, and that it could be an internship for her at Stark Industries.

They seemed convinced with the first bit but after I mentioned her being an intern for the summer, their faces changed to one of confusion.

"I'm sorry but not to sound rude in any way but Marinette's interested in fashion not science. What point would there be for her working at a Science company if she has no interest in the topic?" Sabine asked the man sitting in front of her.

"We understand why you may think that-" Pepper began only to be interrupted by Tony, nothing new.

"You're right but what is science but an art just like fashion? I understand you have no interest in your daughter working for science when she likes fashion, but why not give her an experience of working." I said letting Pepper continue.

"Yes, as Tony was saying, if Marinette is coming to New York this summer. We have many big press events and we need a personal designer. We have had to look at other designers. Yes, they were good but not what we're looking for," Pepper stated.

Tom and Sabine nodded long waiting for them to continue, "a few weeks back we heard Audrey say she met an incredible designer that she was young and had potential." She paused waiting for their reaction, before continuing.

"We were hoping Marinette could be our personal designer for the summer. She'll also have a letter of recommendation from us along with a generous salary." Pepper told them and the parents turned to each to say something, but stopped when they heard a voice calling out mama and papa.

The front door opened and I'm guessing it was their daughter.