Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

A and D (6)

Aaron:

There was something about that Dwayne Richardson that really bothered me. I couldn't tell what it was, exactly. But all I knew was I can't fully trust that guy.

Anyway, a week had passed since the first day back at school. Nothing happened much. It was the usual high school life. Or so I thought.

It was a few minutes ago when Dwayne Richardson caught my attention. For the past week, I wasn't paying any attention to him at all. I mean, I didn't care that he was a hunk or something. I was a guy, those things didn't thrill me.

It wasn't until half an hour ago before I found out that he joined the Movie club – Dakota and Alyson's Movie club.

The bell just rang then. I went by Dakota and Alyson's table, holding my lunch tray in one hand.

"Hey, I'm going to have lunch with Annabelle and the guys today," I informed Dakota.

"Okay," Dakota said cheerfully.

"Later, D," I said, frowning a bit. She wasn't usually that cheerful.

I was about to leave when she said, "Sure, whatever," in that jolly voice again. I stared at her for a minute. Something was definitely wrong.

"Are you all right?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Of course I am!" she said brightly, grinning at me.

Now, I was sure of it. No sarcasm from her? That was bizarre.

Then, Dakota stood up and went to buy a soda – almost hopping on the way. I was bemused.

Turning to Alyson, I asked with a raised eyebrow, "What's wrong with her?"

"Well," Alyson said sheepishly, hesitating. "It seems kinda nerdy..."

"That's normal, Allie."

"Well, you see, there's a guy that joined the club earlier today," she started. "And it's awesome because it was totally unexpected."

"How?" I asked in confusion.

"Aaron, I think you know that it's almost impossible for someone to join our club when he's not a freshman."

I looked away and ruffled the back of my hair. Yup, she was right.

"I know Dakota thinks that, too. Because it's very much a shock for her that someone like Dwayne Richardson joined our 'nerd' club. Obviously, he's nowhere near a nerd," Alyson explained.

"Who?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Did she just say 'Dwayne Richardson'? And did she also just say that he joined the Movie club?

"Dwayne Richardson," Alyson said the name again, "the new guy."

Yeap, she said it, all right.

Now, here I was, sitting with Ethan, Luke, Annabelle and her friends. It was a few minutes ago when I started watching Dakota's table. It was when Richardson sat beside them. I shouldn't be bothered about it. I should be happy that someone was nice enough to sit with Dakota even though almost everyone was watching them. But seriously, no one was that nice.

And dude! He was hitting on Dakota. The way he smiled at her was more than friendly. But of course, Dakota wouldn't notice that. Unconsciously, my knuckles were clenched. I didn't know what came over me. I just felt like I had to knock that guy out.

I glanced at our table, hoping to calm myself, when I saw Luke who was also watching Dakota's table. He was looking at that direction attentively.

What's up with Luke lately?