Forever's Not Enough

_-o0o-_

Midgar was a country of sorts and misfits.

And within this peculiar country, ruled two powerful kingdoms.

The first was the kingdom of Elmyra. Elmyra and its people were very generous and were widely known for their trading goods. Alongside Elmyra, was the kingdom of Jenova.

Now, Jenova was the more serious of the two kingdoms. Jenova's king had a reputation for their weaponry and armour. The two kingdoms would have secret meetings as they exchanged plans so that the two of them made sure only they ruled Midgar.

For many decades, Elmyra and Jenova lived peacefully together, not minding that they both liberated the country . The two kingdoms were like the day and the night; the yin and yang. Together they were unstoppable.

But when the king of Jenova had passed, his son was to proceed the throne at the age of 18.

Sephiroth. That was the young prince's name.

Sephiroth was not like the past kings. He was inconsiderate and ruthless to his servants when they would serve him. His mother was very much not pleased as she would often scold him but he would not listen. Sephiroth never listen to any one but himself. He was discreet and unkind towards anyone.

Especially Elmyra.

King Barret Valentine was the current king of Elmyra. And he discerned that Jenova's new king was not very social with his neighbouring rulers, let alone, take notice of them. But King Barret decided to leave him alone as there was no reason to argue on Sephiroth's anti-social manner

Another few years had accepted and thankfully Sephiroth hadn't broken the peace settlement that his father had with Elmyra. King Barret was very beholden for that as he wouldn't know what to do if Sephiroth turned his back to them.

Today, King Barret and King Sephiroth are still living tranquilly together.

That is until, a few days later.

_-o0o-_

Right on the crack of dawn, two of Elmyra’s guards stood outside their beloved king’s castle. They had a large rifle strapped behind their backs and the standard sword was hanging on their left hip, tucked in their respective leather cases. They wore the standard Elmyra Soldier uniform as they stood parallel to each other.

One of them perked a little as he squinted his eyes when he looked unto the horizon.

“Hey Cress.”

“Yeah?” Cress, the other guard, asked his comrade.

“Look over there.” As the two narrowed their eyes, they gasped to see around about 40 people trudging towards them. Some of them were wounded and were either carried by others backs or by a stretcher. There were mothers holding unto their children who weren't exactly having smiles on their faces as they qiuetly made their way towards the guards.

One man from the group saw them and began to run to them. Ge dropped unto his knees and held on Cress' shirt very tightly.

"Please! Help us! We are a tribe called the Cetras and early in the morning we were ambushed by other tribes. They burnt our village and killed many of us. Please! Let us speak with your king!" He pleaded.

Cress' eyes widedned and looked at his ally.

His ally was also still shocked but he regained his composure with a firm nod.

Cress grabbed the man's shoulders gently.

"We shall make arrangements."

  _-o0o-_