Chapter 5

The beginning of Camila's and Lauren's relationship was fairly indicative of how it had gone for the first few months. They couldn't seem to get enough of each other. Even if it weren't for the fact that they couldn't seem to be able to spend two minutes alone together without tearing off each others clothes and having mind blowing sessions of marathon sex, they actually did seem to really like each other underneath it all. Camila, refined and serious Camila, began hanging out at the shop after work and eagerly read every book that Lauren recommended and seemed as engrossed as them as Lauren was. She tried to learn every bit of Lauren's geeky obsession. As dedicated a student as Camila was she could still understand what Lauren meant when she asked if Canila wanted to go downstairs into the storage room and see some special "back issues". She was thoughtful and sweet and fun and Lauren, even though she knew it was all horribly quick, could feel herself falling hard for girl. Sure there were still some doubts but it was as intense and exciting a start to a relationship as Lauren had ever felt herself caught up in. Even for the bad times, such as this cold January night when Lauren answered her door in her Batman pyjamas, her eyes red and her nose leaking.

"I wod to giss you" Lauren choked out through her clogged up nose when she saw Camila on her porch. Camila had braved the elements, fought her way to their favourite Indian restaurant and had apparently bought every scrap they had of food in the place judging by the size of the bags she was now carrying.

"Yes, well, as enticing a proposition as that usually is darling I'm afraid I'm snowed under at work this week and can't risk it." Camila smiled and held her cold hand up to Lauren's forehead "Good heavens, you're just a mess aren't you?"

"I'b fide" Laure said as she blew her nose on the sleeve of her pyjamas.

"Yes, just the picture of health." Camila smiled as she shook her head "Really making me want to tear those pyjamas off you too."

"Really?" Lauren said hopefully. The three days she'd had this cold were the longest that she and Camila had gone without having sex. Even though she felt sick and gross she still missed hearing the way Camila would moan when she came.

"Yes. I'd like to tear them off and throw them in the wash."

"Oh." Lauren shrank a little before trying to sound cute as she whined "Bud they're badban"

"Yes, they're Batman pyjamas, which is adorably strange. But you just blew your nose on them, love."

"Wash lader." Lauren said, grabbing one of the tins of food from Camila and walking over to the couch in front of her TV that had become her bed/dining room/living room while she was sick. Camila smiled and unzipped her coat, and joined her girlfriend beside her.

"Awwww, you brod be food." Lauren groaned appreciatively as she opened the tin, curling against Camila on the couch.

"I did." Camila kissed Lauren on the forehead before grabbing another smaller bag. "And I swung by the shop and brought you your new comics."

"Dew Fables?" Lauren said as she blew her nose again, this time with Kleenex. Camila shook her head.

"I don't know what that means. But Normani said it was your entire list."

"Awwww, you're the best." Lauren said as she looked through the bag and found that, yes, the new Fables was in there.

"And I swung by the video store on Normani's recommendation and picked up the first season of something called Battlestar Galactica." Camila recounted. Lauren brightened again. She'd desperately wanted to re-watch the show. She was so happy she didn't even ask why Normani hadn't just given Camila the copy belonging to Lauren that he'd borrowed.

"And you're going to watch theb with be?" Lauren asked hopefully. Camila checked her watch. She did have a very early meeting. But she looked back at the sick girl whose rich chocolate eyes looked even more gorgeous behind the thick framed black glasses she only wore when she didn't have the strength to put in her contacts and nodded. Lauren kissed Camila and said something that, while it was something that she'd known she'd felt for a while, hadn't said. She hadn't said it to anyone in a romantic sense other than Lucy. But she said it to Camila.

"Di lub you." Lauren said, not caring how silly it sounded with her cold.

"Mmmm, di lub you too." Camila laughed as she returned the kiss and mocking the clogged up sound of Lauren's voice.