Forward

Recap:

"Ash? What do you think you're doing with my mate?!"

I open my eyes to see Dom.. Standing over me. "I told you to protect her! To take care of her! Not mate with her!"

I was lost for words, "Dom. how are you.. I mean you're alive?"

He snickers, "Disappointed!? You wish me dead brother? What, so you can mate with Yvonne?"

"Dom.. I have been protecting her and I will take care of her.. As her mate and now as her husband!"

"Mate? Husband?! What are you talking about! Yvonne would never marry you. She loves me."

I chuckle, "Believe me I know she loves you Dominick. But did you know that she also loves me? She is my wife now and she is my mate.. And you know what.. She will be the mother of my pups. Perhaps I should catch you up brother.. I had to stop her from giving herself to me.. right here on your own jet!"

"You are taking advantage of her. She would never make those decisions if she was not in heat and her wolf mistaking you for me. But that's all over now.. I am back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yvonne's P.O.V.

I wake up to Ashton shaking and breathing heavily. He is sleeping but his face is all scrunched up.

He must be having a nightmare, "Ashton?" I sit up and graze his cheek with my fingertips.

He jumps up with panic in his eyes.. "Ashton. It's okay. It was just a nightmare."

He is frantically looking around everywhere except towards me.

"Ashton? What's wrong? It's just you and me.." I grab his hand into mine, "Ashton.. calm down."

He jolts toward me looking into my eyes. "Yvonne.. "

I bring my hand to his cheek, "Yes, I am right here. Calm down.. It's okay. It was just a nightmare."

He puts his hand over mine and turns his face to kiss my palm.

He lets go of my hand letting it drop back to my side. "I'm sorry.. I am fine. You can go back to sleep Yvonne."

"But Ashton-"

"I said I am fine. I don't want to talk about it."

I bite my bottom lip, trying to work up the courage to ask him. "Did the nightmare have something to do with me?"

Ashton's facial expression turned into one of disgust, "Why would you say that?"

I shrug, "Well because all of a sudden you are being cold towards me.."

"It doesn't matter."

I put my hand over his, "It does to me. We don't have to talk about what the nightmare was, but I am telling you that is all it was though... A nightmare."

"Maybe... But it brought me back to reality."

"Ashton, and what reality is that?"

"This." He points to me then back to him. "-is not real. at least not to you."

"Ashton." is all I could whisper. I was lost for words.