Story time

Jung Heewon had dropped the kids off, and didn't return either since she had to leave.

"I've got costumers to deal with" is her reason for leaving. Which was, reasonable.

The others didn't object because they couldn't really just tell her to stay when they barely knew her. Lee Hyunsung was a bit disappointed she had to leave so soon but he understood.

Besides, Jung Heewon had told him they'll meet some other day, "maybe next week" according to her words.

Back to the 999th squad and Kim Dokja

"All right, so let me begin." Kim Namwoon said

"No! I'll do it this time." You've already said a story for today.

"Urgh, fine." Kim Namwoon grumbled

"So it all began-"

~

"Namwoon. I have an idea"

"Oooh I'm all ears"

"Great, so I read this story."

"Uhuh"

"And it had pirates."

"What the hell does that have anything to do with?"

"Just hear me out"

"That's what I'm doing!" Kim Namwoon exclaimed

"Right so the main character reminds me of Joonghyuk oppa"

"Why can't you call ME oppa..." Kim Namwoon mumbled

"What?"(that wasn't mentioned in the story ofc, since Jihye didn't hear that part)

"What? I said go on"

"Mhm, now and the other characters kinda remind me of our gang"

"Ooh gang, we a mafia now? Oh wait no-! A pirate crew!"

"Yeah yeah whatever, now- wait. Oh my god. Namwoon that's it!"

"Yeah now what?"

"You just wait and see!"

~

"Ooh, what happened next?" Kim Dokja asked eagerly

"Oh you'll kno- oooh the dumplings are here" Lee Jihye said reaching for the dumplings before a calloused hand stopped her.

"They're too hot right now" Yoo Joonghyuk (999 incase you forgot) said

"Fine, tch"

"Hey- why are you eating them!"

"Captain that's UNFAIR"

"You don't get to talk, now go on with the story" he said while eating the dumplings. At this rate he was gonna finish it before the story is over. But Yoo Joonghyuk eating the dumplings didn't stop Uriel from taking them, after all in her words "I get to take because I can"

Kim Dokja chuckled at these antics, which awfully remind him of his own friends. Before anything could happen, Lee Hyungsung said;

"I've ordered more dumplings for us, besides you've all ordered something else so just wait for it."

Lee Jihye sighed dramatically, Kim Namwoon just groaned at the thought of waiting, Kim Dokja nodded lightly but then remembered he didn't order anything, but hey he wasn't necessarily hungry so that isn't a prob-

"Kim Dokja"

Kim Dokja snapped back to reality, shaking his thoughts away after hearing a certain voice. Yoo Joonghyuk moved his plate towards him.

"What? I don't need it, thanks for-"

"Eat, I insist"

"Oh- uh all right"

Kim Dokja ate the dumplings slowly, knowing he'll like it.

Whereas the companions where shocked, their captain is sharing murim dumplings willingly???? Lee Jihye was covering her mouth mumbling "I knew it.. I knew it..."

Namwoon was honestly disgruntled because 'WHY DOES THAT AHJUSSI GET TO TAKE BUT NOT US?? I WANT ONE-'

Uriel was shocked, like :0? Shocked.

'Captain wouldn't do this unless it's someone important- hold on could this guy be some important person captain knows? Wait could it be he owes him money?? Oh my god did Captain make a deal with a MAFIA AND NOW OWES THEM MONEY???? Is this guy a mafia boss? No he doesn't seem like one.. wait that's how it always is in fanfictions, the least expected ones ar-'

Uriel's thoughts were a disaster, because her as a fanfic writer had lost touch with reality. She still convinces herself with 'hey you never know' so there's that. So basically she's overthinking.

Lee Hyunsung just looked a bit stunned but nodded to something.

Kim Dokja didn't understand their reactions, why were they over reacting so much?

Yoo Joonghyuk didn't explain his actions nor did he have any thoughts on doing so. It's just basic politeness since he noticed Kim Dokja didn't order anything.

Lee Jihye was stunned she didn't even notice the sauce bottle infront of her and accidentally knocked it over. On Kim Dokja.

Hot chilly sauce.

"Oh fxxk- I'M SO SORRY" Lee Jihye said, panicking and frantically looking for a tissue. Kim Dokja stopped her and replied

"It's fine." He said with a gritted smile. Lee Jihye gulped nervously.

"I'll just... fix this myself." He said slightly pushing the chair, walking towards the bathroom.

And awkward silence filled the room as Kim Dokja left. Everyone stared at Lee Jihye.

"...."

"Jihye."

"...yes?"

"What the hell was that?" Uriel asked

"It was an accident!"

"I swear this WASN'T supposed to be like this." Uriel sighed, rubbing her forehead

"It wasn't MY fault that damn bottle had to be infront of me!"

"....."

"Shouldn't one of us go and help dokja-ssi?" Lee Hyungsung asked

"Oh I can help grasshopper ahjussi!"

"I'll do it."

.

.

"..ok"

~

Ah ah ah- hold it right there not so fast, I'll be leaving you in a ✨cliffhanger

Bye