Chapter 5

Lovino once felt cold, he once felt as thought he would never be warm, until he met Antonio when he was sixteen, and then for that small amount of time in high school, did Lovino feel like he was okay.

When Lovino left, and was fully alone, he felt cold, colder than he ever had before. Lovino felt like he was drowning in ice cold water, the cold in his chest becoming excruciating. He felt lucky to have had Emil and Feliks be there for him, but he wanted relief. He wanted it to end. He wanted to be warm, he didn't want to lose anymore of himself to the frostbite his depression was becoming.

When Lovino had reunited with Antonio, he had known what he was missing. His warmth, the source of it was Antonio, and to be in his arms was to feel relief. He felt safe, secure and he felt content and happy. Antonio brought out the best in him and gave him everything he could have ever wanted in his life. He could breathe, everything was clear and he felt like he could go on forever.

Antonio was happy to have Lovino back, but he felt relieved when he held him in his arms. He knew Lovino was safe here and in his arms and he felt complete holding the smaller man to his chest, placing gentle kisses on the top of his head. Antonio and Lovino had talked about everything, Antonio had come clean and told Lovino that he knew, and he told Lovino he wanted to help him in any way that he could, and Lovino took a leap. He decided to let Antonio in fully and accept the help from him. This was one of the best things that happened to Lovino. When he was talking to Antonio he felt relieved, he felt as if he was finally okay, and he was, Antonio made sure of that.

In their following, and many many years together, Lovino spent the rest of his days with the love of his life at his side, and every day Lovino felt the cold abyss that once sat on his chest be replaced with sunlight and an ever growing garden of love.