D'un Autre Pays

A yawn escaped the mouth of a young boy as he woke up from his slumber. The male rubbed his eyes before opening them and turning to look at the rising sun.

The boy had been traveling by horse for weeks now, his destination was a school which had recently been opened up nearby. Nearby meaning somewhere here in Columbia... he wasn't sure where exactly. The boy had only really decided to come here since he wanted to get away from his family, he had no legitimate interest in the school or even learning in general.

(Y/n) (l/n) came from a wealthy family. Unfortunately for them wealthy didn't automatically mean happy. Due to the unhappiness spawned by his home (y/n) convinced his parents that sending him away for school might lead to him being successful in the future. He barely even bother saying goodbye to his parents or his sister before getting on the boat, he doubted they minded much.

Soon enough the boy was dressed and ready to continue his trip. He finished packing up his camp and put everything into the carriage. He tethered the horses to said carriage before climbing onto it. He sat down and tugged the reins causing the horses to begin the journey up and over the mountain. They had been struggling on climbing the mountain for the past couple of days but they were finally nearing the top.

A couple hours later (y/n) looked up from his book as he noticed the horses stop walking. He realized they had finally made it to the top of the mountain and looked down into the clearing on the other side. There in the clearing below sat a charming little village. I'll likely be able to get directions there. The boy thought to himself before nodding his head.

Another day later and the horses had finally pulled the carriage to the base of the mountain. They continued to trot towards the village and soon enough they were on the main road heading in. (Y/n) looked around and noticed that a lot of the people would glance over at him. They probably just aren't used to new people. (Y/n) thought to himself.

"Excuse me?" (Y/n) quickly turned his head and looked down as the horses stopped walking. The boy now found himself looking at a girl in colorful clothes, dark hair, and glasses. She couldn't have been much older than fifteen. "Are you lost? I don't think I've seen you before"

"It would seem so Mademoiselle" (y/n) replied with a nod

"It would seem so Mademoiselle" (y/n) replied with a nod. "I'm (y/n) (l/n), I'm not really from around here""

"Si, I can tell from the accent" the girl replied with a smile. "I'm Mirabel. Where are you from?" She asked curiously with a smile.

"France" (y/n) replied with a smile. Yep, he was from the baguette homeland.

"Well I can't say I've heard of that. Welcome to Encanto" the girl smiled. "Do you need directions?"

"Yes, I'm looking for a school I'm supposed to be attending. Unfortunately I've been traveling so long I don't actually remember it's name" (y/n) laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his head.