I

𝔄 "𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶" 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔉ℭ 88. 𝔄 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 480 𝔶𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔗𝔞𝔦'𝔰 𝔰𝔬𝔲𝔩 𝔰𝔭𝔩𝔦𝔱 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯.

The wind whips past my face, like it's trying to rip my face off. Such brutality. No remorse whatsoever for my picture-perfect face. And that's not all this place is doing to me. The smell of salt fills my nostrils, and my sandals are completely full of sand, it's almost like I'm shoeless.

Honestly... Why did my brother want to come here...? Why did he make me come along?

"Brother! Why are we here? At the ocean... A place full of sand... And strong and salty air." I whine, a bit too dramatically.

"You have been complaining for the past hour. It's not that bad. And, I've told you countless times before why we're here in the first place..."

𝓐 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓸...

"The sun is high and the sea is shining. Aah, this is the life..."

A woman, very early in her twenties, says while sunbathing on the beach when the most unexpected thing happens. The sky turns dark and ominous, a sure sign that something is amiss. Unfortunately for the lady, she had her eyes closed then.

Then lightning began to strike, sending down bolts of electricity towards the woman. Fortunately, others weren't so oblivious to it all and they saved her from being struck.

"Huh??? What! What is happening?? What is that!?"

The woman points to a great silhouette behind the lighting, terribly dark thunder clouds covering the entire sky in pitch black darkness.

An ear-piercing scream rips through the air from the beast seconds later after being discovered. Then huge waves began forming in front of it, becoming larger the closer they approached shore.

"Oh dear lord! It's a tsunami! Cylene is punishing us! What have we done!"

"Shut up and RUN!"

The dark monster lets out another unpleasant scream, then suddenly dives down into the ocean. The tsunami wrecks half the town, killing a dozen or so people. The town leader has heard of the actions of two young individuals and sent them a message. They needed help, quick.

𝓑𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓡𝓔𝓢𝓔𝓝𝓣...

"There have been sightings of a giant water snake near the greatest fishing town in Arees." Cyrus replies, dryly.

."Oooh, scary! Why can't the guards there just kill it and be rid of it? Are they too weak? And why do they think that we can help in any sort of way? We're just boring old travelers. And it was just by luck we got rid of those anaconda's." I wonder out loud.

"They probably heard about us helping other villages and towns with their problems. Dear sister, I hate to be the one who says it, but... Our reputation precedes us. The whole world probably has heard of us and our actions by now. We're probably labeled as the 'Great Helpers of Farlon' or something stupid" He starts laughing until he sees the town.

It's a wreck. The side closest to the ocean should no longer be considered part of the town. Water is no longer running rampant through the streets there, but neither are the people.

"Mr. Cyrus! Miss Arav! You're finally here! The mayor is awaiting your arrival at the town's great hall. Follow me." A young-looking man walks towards us, with a ...smile? It looks kind of forced.

"Yes, please" I agree.

"So... What is your name, who-man?" I ask him in a teasing tone.

"Um... who-ma...? Marko. My name is Marko. You will not call me by any other names."

"Stick in the mud..." I mumbled involuntarily and this caught his attention.

"What did you say?" He stopped walking and glared menacingly down at me. Oh. I just realized how tall he was, and how tiny I am. He's like a mountain compared to me. 6'2? 6'1? I'm only 5'3... I stopped growing a while ago.

"She said nothing. Just her usual mutterings. Not even she knows what comes out of her mouth most of the time. She-" Cyrus gets cut off.

"You both are so annoying, you better not frustrate the mayor. Hmmm, speaking of the mayor... We're here."

The insolent stick in the mud opens the doors of the great hall with a glare, directing said glare to us.

"The mayor is waiting in the last door, which is at the end of the hall."

He thinks we're stupid. I can hear it in his voice. I hope we don't ever meet again.

We walk through the doors and when we are finally in, he shuts it. Not too subtly...

"You need to watch what you say and do around that guy, he's too uptight to be teased." Cyrus sighs, while dragging me into the mayor's room.