Daddy's little girl

"Daddy!" I shriek when he opens the door. He chuckles as I wrap my arms around his neck.

It's finally our weekend. That's the one thing that has kept me alive since Darwin's party. I regret the party but I'm too proud to admit to myself or anyone else. I'm left suffering under the weight of the memories I've been keeping at bay for ten years.

"Happy to see you too, baby girl." He closes the door shut behind us.

"So," I clasp my hand together, bubbling with excitement, "What are we doing this weekend?"

His presence pacify all my demons. He's the one part of my life not tainted by them and I intend to keep it that way.

"Well, Jenny and I..." he starts. My smile falls.

"What?" I drop my duffel bag on the floor. "I thought it was going to be just us."

Dad shifts awkwardly. "Well, it'd be kind of rude to not include her since she's living here, now. It's only for a little while."

I cross my arms over my chest. If this chick is thinking about getting between my father and I, she has another thought coming. "What's wrong with her place?"

"It's been invaded by aliens who wants to slice me open and study me," replies someone behind me.

I turn around, fumes practically floating out of my pores. Who the hell does she think she is? This is supposed to be my alone time with MY dad, not a get together with some woman who can't hold her tongue in her mouth.

She doesn't even have the dignity to respect me in my father's house. It's ten in the morning but she's still in her pajamas, her short pixie black hair and bright brown eyes giving life to Beyoncé's anthem. She woke up like this - flawlessly beautiful. That's it, she has to go.

"Rachel, why don't you say hi to Jenny?" Dad drags me in front of her expectantly.

She stands up straight, looking down at me with a raised eyebrow. "Good morning, Lenny."

"It's Jenny."

"Do I look like I care?"

"Rachel!" My dad reprimands.

"I mean it's nice to see you again, Jenny." I smile at her showing all of my teeth.

She hugs me, I tense. What the hell is she doing?

"We're going to have such a wonderful weekend together."

I highly doubt that.

"Great, you guys are happy with each other now. I'm sorry but I have to run." He grabs his coat and heads out the door.

I follow him, "Where are you going?"

"To the office. I have to finish up something. I promise you won't even notice that I'm gone."

"You can't leave me here with a stranger," I whine.

"Jenny is not a stranger." He opens the door and kiss my forehead. "Be nice." Then, he's gone, leaving me alone with that... ughh. I'm so frustrated right now I could break a wall with my tight fist.

"What do you want to do first?" Jenny comes out of the kitchen with some appropriate clothes on.

Without answering, I stomp to my dad's bedroom and lock the door behind me. I plug my headphones on and fall asleep in a matter of seconds.

My eyes flutter open upon hearing my dad's deep baritone voice singing in my ears. He sounds worse than a cat being run over by a bulldozer. I've always enjoy sleeping to his singing, though. It used to help me sleep. He had me convinced that his terrible singing could keep the monsters away.