First Meeting;

James Sirius Potter sat in a train compartment on the great Hogwarts Express with his cousins, Fred and Molly Weasley, on their way to start their sixth year at Hogwarts. His cousins were his best friends as well as Lorcan and Lysander Scamander, David Thomas, Alice Longbottom and Laragh Finnigan but they were sitting somewhere else, giving the family some space. He was currently staring out the window, as was Fred. Molly was occupied texting on her mobile phone, oblivious to her surroundings.

Nobody was feeling particularly happy about going to Hogwarts after what had happened to Albus over the summer, especially James. James blamed himself completely for the accident. He thought that if he hadn't have gone out, Albus wouldn't have followed him and gotten hurt. Nobody else blames him though, but he knows this is only so he won't feel worse. It was definitely his fault. 

Suddenly, after a full hour of silence, Molly lifted her head from her mobile phone and exclaimed, eyes wide, "Does anyone remember my friend Fate from our holiday to France?" When Fred just looked at her blankly, she added, "The one from Beauxbatons?" 

James wasn't listening, he was still staring out the window. He hadn't gone to France with the rest of them last year, he had stayed with his father doing work experience with the Ministry. 

"Well, she's transferring to Hogwarts and just apparated to Hogsmeade with her aunt. She's going to be sorted in McGonagall’s office." She continued. She had been trying to lighten everyone's spirits all Summer but they seemed determined to play dumb or simply ignore her, in James' case.  He hadn't spoken to anyone in months. 

"Oh!" Fred exclaimed after a few seconds, "The really hot blonde one with all the crazy curls?"  Fred so infatuated with Fate that just hearing her name brightened up his mood. 

"Yes, and there's a one in four chance that she's going to be spending the next two years with us in Gryffindor so will everyone please cheer up and act nice to her? She's my friend!" Molly couldn't help the grin fighting its way onto her face. 

Before Fred could retaliate the door opened and Lorcan Scamander walked in, closely followed by his twin, Lysander. 

Lorcan and Lysander both had dirty blonde hair, tall, well-built bodies and shockingly blue eyes. They were just like male versions of their mother, Luna Scamander, in their personalities and looks except for their eyes, which they inherited from their father, Rolf Scamander. 

"Hello everyone. Are you okay?" Asked Lorcan rather directly. Lorcan was always the more talkative of the two, though they were inseperable.

"Yes, I think we're a lot better than we were." Answered Molly, tugging on a strand of her rich auburn hair.

"Yeah, it was just a such a shock." Said Fred in an uncharacteristically quiet voice. Lysander sat down beside Fred and briefly rested a hand on his shoulder while Lorcan sat next to Molly. 

Molly looks were the perfect mix of her mother, Audrey Weasley, and her father, Percy Weasley. She had dark auburn hair that fell straight down to just above her waist, a mixture of her mother’s brown and her father’s fiery red. She had her mother’s soft brown eyes and her father’s pale skin. While she was similar in looks, her personality was completely different. What with her mother’s demure calm and her father’s stubborn strictness, Molly couldn’t have been any more different with her boisterous, rule-breaking attitude.

"Well, actually, James hasn't spoken to anyone in months, and seeing as I am his best friend, I'm not feeling too good." Pouted Fred, redeeming himself from his quiet speaking. 

Fred was a muscular sixteen year old boy with coffee-coloured skin and light brown hair that fell into his dark blue eyes messily. He was the sort of positive person who was always in a good mood and could improve others’ mood’s by just being around him, but even he couldn't get James out of his depression.