A Special Day

"It's Funny, how in one day two people's lives get tangled together and they fall in love, but is falling in love that easy"

A cool calm breeze flew around the room, I sit on my bed staring lazily at the pale blue ceiling day-dreaming, and suddenly I heard my brother yelling in excitement. What now? I rubbed my eyes, and then walked down stairs. My mother had cooked some delicious pancake, while my brother had piles of letters on the table. He opened the letters one by one, smiling, then putting them into two piles.  I looked at my brother; he glared at me then continued opening the letters.

"Look how many Valentines Day card I got" my brother boasted happily, shoving a armful of letters in front of my face.

"Whatever, Valentines Day is for baby's" I mumbled grabbing my cereal bowl, then opening the cereal packet, watching the cereal fill my bowl. I grab the carton of milk, and began munching hungrily.

"Just because you get no Valentines Day cards you say it's for baby's, maybe if you actually looked in the mirror, make yourself look good, you might actually get Valentine day card" my brother Luke explained.

He brushed his honey blonde hair, and then blinked with his sapphire blue eyes. He think he's the hottest guy ever, that all the girls will come running for him, he makes me sick. I can't stand him, were twins, but non identical thankfully, and that I'm a girl and he's a boy. He even thinks, just because he's a few minutes older, he can boss me around.

"I don't want a stupid Valentine card anyway" I exclaimed, swallowing the last mouthful of cereal, then wiping my mouth.

"Not like you'll get one" Luke mumbled quietly but not quiet enough for me not to hear.

"Luke" my Mom warned, looking at Luke.

"I'm going out" I yelled walking out, slamming the door behind me.

Valentines Day, such a stupid day full of stupid people all thinking there in love, that it'll last forever. I start jogging, slowly then picking up the pace. My brown hair bobbing up and down behind my back. I wiped a sweat that had trickled on my face. I look around, couples everywhere kissing each other. I groan miserably and run quickly, my heart pounding rapidly.

Suddenly a couple walked beside me, a young boy about 17 and a girl about 16 holding their hand. Their eyes met each other, and they smiled. I could see from their eyes that they were in love, thinking that the other person is their world, and they'll be forever. But really, they'll probably break up by next year. Love is not forever, one day they will stop loving each other, and will be with someone else. Unlike old couples who have been with each other for decades, and truly love with each other. 

"Could you take a picture of us, it's our one year anniversary" the girl asked dreamily handing me her camera, her other hand holing her boyfriend arm. I shoved her camera back frustrated, she looks at me bewildered.

"No" I shouted angrily.

I run faster, closing my eyes from all the couples and there fancy love. Suddenly I bump into someone hard, landing hard on the floor painfully. I open my eyes, to see a cute curly haired boy; he looks at me then gives me his hand. I ignore his hand and get up by myself. I rub my throbbing elbow, grazed and bruised purple, rubbing it painfully. My eyes met the boy's, and I suddenly felt like I had seen him before. Suddenly a image flashes back to me.

A group of bullies cower over me, yanking my pigtails. I cry in pain, shaking in terror.

"Hey, pick on some one your own size" a boy shouted. I look around to see that the voice belonged to, and then saw a cute curly brown haired boy. About my height, he looks small, but his bravery and courage shows on his face.