Chapter Fifteen

Kira's POV

A few months later...

If someone had told me a few months ago that I would be this happy and life would be this amazing I wouldn't have believed but seeing this for myself finding this love and happiness has changed my whole outlook on life.

Right now, I am standing in Drew's parents' backyard we are having a little family barbeque everyone seems to be happy these last few months there has been no word on Josie. It's like she has vanished I don't know what Drew and his father did but she is no more and that is good news.

I look around as everyone talk and have fun even my mother, she was released from the hospital a few weeks ago and she is slowly getting back to herself. She is currently staying with me and Drew she didn't want to at first but I want her close to me.

I know she likes standing on her own and with everything we have been through this past year she wants to feel like her old self. I stand taking everything in this is my new family and I love it.

"Kira" My mother waves me over to her.

I walk over to her she looks so much better now and that makes me happy.

"I'm making a plate for you" she says.

"Mom you don't have to, I can do that" I tell her.

"I know you can but I still want to" she tells me I smile giving her a kiss on the head.

"I love you mom"

She gives me a smile hugging me and I relax we all sit down talking as we wait on the guys to join us I talk with Anne about my plans to get my own place I love living with Drew and he has everything but I think my mom will want her own space and so will I.

"He's not going to like that" she tells me.

"Like what?" Drew asks from behind us. "Ladies"

He walks up to us taking the empty seat beside me I turn to face him bright grey eyes waiting for me to explain.

"Kira, is there something I should know?" he asks.

I look around the table and everyone is watching us this is not a conversation I want to have here.

"No, nothing" I say and he nods letting it go.

We all talk about random things I look over at Drew but he is just watching me I hope he can be understanding about this and not get too mad at me. It's late when we get back to the apartment, I help my mother get settled in her room before heading to mine.

I walk in to find Drew sitting on the foot of the bed waiting for me he looks up when I walk in bright grey eyes taking me in. I take a breath preparing to tell him my plans he is going to freak out about this but we need a little space. I love Drew yes and I love the life we have but everything seems so rushed and fast with us I need to take a step back and just breath.

"Take a bath with me?" I ask he arches a brow at me.

"That bad?" he stands.

"No, I just want to take a bath with you" I step to him and he shakes his head.

"I always wonder what it would look like when you finally lied to me" he says I step back.

"I'm not..." I try to say but he cuts me off.

"Then why do you want to take a bath? Why are you being so nice?" he asks and I see his trust issues coming out. "What's with all the secrets and whispering today?"

I take a breath calming down. "I'm looking at apartments" I tell him softly. "With my mom out I know she's going to want her own place and so do I"

Drew runs his hand through his hair. "I'm sorry I..." he stops.