A code to be followed

• Camille Malfoy •

• Camille Malfoy •

„Autumn killed
summer with
the softest kiss."

The morning of the Hogsmeade weekend had dawned and the autumnal October sun flooded the lake, enveloping the Slytherin girls' dormitory in a green glow. Camille blinked sleepily through her thick lashes, watching the fine dust dance in the faint light of the rising sun.

As the blonde sat up, she noticed that Lorraine was already dressed and standing in front of the huge window, her eyes fixed on the lake. Her bright curls shone seductively and it was hard to miss that she had dressed up especially for her date with Garreth Greengrass.

Emma, on the other hand, slumbered peacefully in her bed. Quietly, Camille slipped out of the soft down that filled her duvet cover and began to make herself pretty like her friend. She had not mentioned in a word that she would be spending the day with Regulus, but as a tiny smile crept around the corners of her mouth, she could see Lorraine giving her a suspicious look in the mirror behind her. "Well, what are you looking forward to?"

"I'm looking forward to you realising that Greengrass isn't good for you," she replied pointedly, which Emma sleepily commented on with a groan. Perhaps Camille's voice had risen a little too high. Guiltily, she stared at her own face in the mirror again, while the Quidditch captain was now slowly peeling herself out of bed as well.

Gently, the blonde ran her fingers over the indentation between her eyebrows that always seemed to pop up when she was worried. Her movement watched her in her reflection before she tightened her features as if she had put a mask over them.

Emma tapped her bare feet across the marble floor. She eyed Lorraine with raised eyebrows, only to turn away from her again, shaking her head. "Love can't be healthy."

Lorraine, trying to force her curly blonde mane into a hairstyle, merely rolled her green eyes. "You'll get to enjoy it too."

"But until then, let's go raid to Honey Dukes, shall we Camille?" Grinning in anticipation, the captain stared at the young Malfoy. Camille's mouth opened like that of a fish gasping for air. It was probably on purpose that she had not told her friends about her plans. But what was the big deal? It wasn't a date, after all. "Sorry, I guess I forgot to mention that I'll be spending the day with Regulus."

"Aha!" Lorraine gave a triumphant pointed cry and pointed a finger accusingly at her. "Suddenly you don't seem to care about status either. Regulus is hardly better off than Garreth."

"Don't talk such nonsense," she groaned between her teeth and rose. "Regulus and I are merely friends, and besides, he's done nothing wrong. It was Sirius alone..."