Preface

Logline

A tale of three sisters, the tragedy they face, and their discovery of the ties that bind

***

Synopsis

❝ Don't you see the starlight? ❞

Silken words, woven like wool, sweet as honey on the tongue, woo an unconscious mind, yet Elena Castellanos possesses anything but.

Intelligent, determined, autonomous.

She only ever wanted one thing: escape from Rockport.

When it dangles within her grasp, she takes it without a second thought.

Those come later.

❝ Don't you dream impossible things? ❞

Music speaks without words, comprehensible to all, yet Mariana Castellanos wonders how to express her precise emotions.

Assertive, motivated, empathetic.

She only ever wanted one thing: an unbroken family.

When it shatters, she finds herself helpless, astray with no anchor.

Just like her sister.

***

Disclaimer

The contents of the playlist and the subsequent attachments belong to their respective artists as credited, and, by extension, the artists' producers, writers, labels, and other entities as such. The rights of titles Starlight and All of You are Taylor Swift's and Walt Disney Animation Studios', respectively.

Likewise, the rights to quoted epigraphs from the novel Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson and the poem "Not So Far As the Forest" by Edna St. Vincent Millay belong to the authors or their estates.

Credit in part for story conception to Laine and Aria Nichols.

***

Copyright Notice

Copyright © 2022 Aurora Snider.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the author at the publishing account.

Any references to historical events, real people, or real places are used fictitiously. Names, characters, and places are products of the author's imagination.

Front cover image by Aurora Snider.
Book design by Aurora Snider.