Chapter 1: Club Politics

Neon-Vex City. A city of dreams, a city of nightmares, a city of metal and plastic.

A city of lights, color, fashion, and technological advancements.

A city where you can either live a life of luxury or in the gutter of some slum.

A city that can grab you gently or crush you under its feet.

Corporations. Gangs. Business. Pleasure. Poverty.

Take your pick and hope the city doesn't swallow you whole.

There are many stories to be told in this city and beyond the frontier of the outside world.

One story is about a famous club in the city and a club trying to get back on its feet while ignoring the corruption in the city.

But, you can't be a good soul and survive for too long without someone muscling in on your turf.

Politics isn't just a game for slum politicians and corrupt officials...it's a way of life.

Location: East Side Of Neon-Vex City: Zion Sector

At the club known as Starlight, two bouncers named Brad Turner and David Young were on duty until they got a call from their boss about another club owner wanting to discuss terms.

That meant they were to go over there and play "nice" with the club owner and offer something to keep them off their turf.

As they arrived at the rival club that was called La Femme Diablo, Brad and David told the bouncers their boss was expecting them and were escorted to the main office upstairs.

As they walked in, they saw a lovely woman standing there smoking a cigar, she looked at Brad and David with a smile on her face.

"We're from Club Starlight. You wanted to negotiate." David said.

David stood about six foot, had brown skin tone, bald and broad shoulders.

Brad stood about six foot and two inches, he had fair skin tone, short brown hair, and was average size.

The woman before them was Madam Rhea, she stood about Five Feet and Eleven Inches, she had long red hair and glaring green eyes with a tanned skin tone.

She looked at them both but was more interested in Brad as she looked him up and down as she slowly walked around them.

"Is he my offering?" She asked as she looked at David.

David chuckled nervously.

"No. He's just my co-worker. The real offering is in this suitcase." He said and laid the case on the desk.

"I am not interested in money," Rhea said.

"It's not money, it's tech. State of the art. Zion Published Stims." David said.

"Aren't those illegal?" Brad whispered to David.

"I got this," David said quietly.

"Hmmm...it'll do. For now." Rhea said as she opened the case and looked at the stims.

"Zion Tech will pay top bits for any stims returned to them. In case you're interested." David said.

"No. I like tech." Rhea said in a thick accent.

"Alright. Done deal then." David said with a small chuckle.

"What about your silent friend?" Rhea said with a smile.

"Oh, uh, he has to come back with me. Sorry. Club rules." David said nervously.

"A pity. He would make a good pet." Rhea said.

Brad cleared his throat.

"Let's go." He said softly.

They left the club and headed back to Starlight where they reported back to their boss and informed her that the deal was done.

Brad and David returned to work that night in relief, but also knowing that Club Politics is never over.

There is always something more that they want...

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 16, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Metal Masks and Plated Dreams: An Everward Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें