CHAPTER 2

Warning: Mention of Alcohol and Drug.

CHAPTER 2

Dark. That was how Francine's world has become over the past two years. Life abroad was not that memorable enough it just reminds her how empty she was. But she's here now and that's all that matters. Right now, she needs to survive this stupid prize. What kind of prize is this?, She thought. She's blindfolded, standing in the center, and the last thing she saw was that there were people circling her; she didn't even know them.

Flashback

"Prize?" Francine throws a questioning look at Francis. On the other hand, Francis mentally thought that Andrea never directly gave anyone a prize. Doubt suddenly filled his mind. He doesn't like the look of that smirk plastered on Blythe's face. Before the boy can react, Andrea walks closely towards Francine. Francine surely thought one wrong move from Analain, who was behind her back; she could tumble and something about a type of accident that involves lips might happen which might result in her being slapped.

"Look at me in the eyes, not on my lips, Miss Diaz."

"I-"

"Well, I've heard you just came back, and since you won the race tonight, I'll throw a party. It's a win-win for both of us, and besides, my party never disappoints."

"Well, my answer will disappoint you. I can't go." Francine said, trying to maintain her posture.

It is true that she can't go. The last thing that she'll ever do is get in trouble, then have her sister fly her back to the U.S. The combination of a party and herself was never ideal.

"It's an order, miss Diaz. Don't worry, I'll make sure we'll both enjoy it." Andrea replied. Her eyes linger for a moment before she backs away and starts to leave the scene.

"Francis, Escort them" Danica murmured before hurriedly follows andrea.

Francine nudged Francis on his stomach, earning a wince from the latter. "That girl is the kind of girl that doesn't take no for an answer, no?" She stated when Andrea and Danica left.

"Aray! Chin. Pero oo and that's Andrea Brillantes for you. Anak ng mayor so you be careful with her. " Francis replied.

"I don't think we should go. Sumama ang ihip ng hangin eh" Analain retorted.

"Wala naman umuutot baka naamoy mo sarili mo analain" Francis said.
Analain frowned, then shoved Francis, continuously slapping his arm.

"Aray woi mapanakit kayong mag bestfriend ha!"

"Napaka ano mo talaga!"

Francine just shook her head at her friend's antics. She cleared her throat to get their attention and for them to stop hitting each other.

"Pero seryoso na. Ano ba sa tingin niyo should we go?" Francine asked.
She wanted to hear what they thought because, after all, she doesn't know Andrea or that Danica girl. All she could trust right now was Francis and Analain.

"Honestly, I've been to her parties but I didn't stay long enough to see the main event, which I therefore conclude involves someone getting pranked."Analain said, she wasn't a heavy drinker; she didn't like to be wasted and she just enjoyed the company and the food. In short, she was mostly likely the one who took care of her wasted friends.

"Sa tingin ko wag na lang chin. Hindi ko alam kung may binabalak siya or what. Pero si blythe mahirap siya basahin"

"It still your decision, Chin"

Francine replied, "I guess we will never know unless we go."

End of Flashback

"Pst! Francis!"Analain sneaks into Francis Side trying to attain the latter's attention. They were leaning against the stair railings to see what was happening with their friend, both anxiously waiting for the next thing.