Chapter 3 -𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱-

𝗦𝗸𝘆'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩:

later on that day, I opened the front door to I's and Rowan's apartment, and I see her sitting on the kitchen island with a box of pizza. I drop the bags of groceries in my hands to the ground and shuffle my way towards her.

Rowan was swinging her feet back and forth, half a bite of pepperoni and sausage pizza in her hands.

The smell of the pepperoni and Italian ground sausage made my stomach growl. I hadn't eaten anything all day.

"O my favorite," I say as I go to reach for the greasy slice of pizza that was just waiting to be in my mouth. I could already taste the tomato sauce on my tongue.

reaching for the biggest slice of pizza in the box I felt a sting on my hand. I looked up at Rowan who was looking at me with a scowl on her face. And I knew she knew I had eaten her food last night.

I pout and rub my hand "Ow" I said innocently.

"You fucker! you ate my food!" Her eyes widened as if what I did was a crime.

I ignored her as I looked at the pizza in the box that was half full. My stomach rumbled "Can I have a piece of pizza please?"

I go to reach again. Rowan moved the box behind her and smiled "Hungry aren't ya?" she cocked her head slowly as she took a bite of her pizza.

My eyes flicked to her lips as she took a bite. Grease dribbled down the sides of her mouth.

"Row-"

Rowan closed the pizza box lid and jumped down from the counter in front of me. The Green and red New York Pizza box fitted under her arm as she turned towards her room.

Her feet were bare against the hardwood floors, they made a sticky sound as she paddled fast towards her bedroom where she swung open the door and quickly shut it behind her before I could follow.

"Now you know what it feels like to be Starving for food you really want!" Rowan yelled from behind her door. I could tell she was eating another slice of pizza.

My stomach growled again. I think I regret eating her food now "What if I apologized" I called back. Rowan stuck her head out the door and stuck out her tongue "Find something in the freezer to eat" she slammed her door once again.
A rattle echoed across the house.

I groan knowing one that Rowan wasn't coming back out and two there was nothing in the freezer but a freezer-burnt hamburger Pattie from two months ago.

I wasn't going back into the city so I guess the hamburger Pattie it is.

——-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

*𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱*

*𝘉𝘌𝘌𝘗*

*𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘱*

My alarm beeped annoyingly on my Bedside table. Groggily I shut it off and slowly pushed the covers off my bed.

My head pinched as I stood up in the light of the sun that was beaming through the curtains. I set off into the bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush and sticking it into my mouth as I reached over the tub and into the shower past the curtains by my head, and turned the Nob.

Cold Water squirted out the shower head as I backed away towards the sink, Smiling as I thought about my new job and absently mindedly wandering towards the red-headed woman who happened to be my new boss as of today.

——

I held up two outfits in front of Rowan "Which one should I wear"

Rowan bit her lip looking back and forth between me and the outfits as she thought about how each outfit would look on me and which one looked better  "Hmm that one" Rowan said pointing towards the black button-down and black trousers.