chapter 1

People would always say that love is the most wonderful thing you could ever experience in life. It gives you the feeling that you cannot explain in words. It gives you something that you cannot recognize. And... it also leads to a biggest heartbreak they said.

I wonder why they all wanted to have a boyfriend. How about just keep your goals and priorities straight, I'm pretty sure this will make us to be successful in the future.

"You should try to find a boyfriend kase! Para you should know!" I was just looking at my cousin's face while she was talking about her guy. My face wasn't showing any emotion.

I just don't like being forced on the things that I don't actually like. If it comes, then it comes. But if it's not, then I have to wait. People may think that I'm lonely or something thus I would never date just because I am bored. Why settle for a bare minimum when you can find someone who can reach your standards? --- I mean I don't even need a boy to complete my womanhood.

"I'm being loved by my parents and those people around me so, what's the difference?" I arched my brow. Not leaving my eyes on her.

"I don't know. Basta, once ma experience mo na malalaman mo," She said with a grin. I only nodded. Usually, I'm unexpressive and that's the reason why they couldn't read me.  They call me cold hearted who doesn't know how to express herself. And I guess... It's okay. I was just being me. Hindi ko kailangan ng mga tao na babagohin ako, what I need is someone who can accept me for who I am.

"By the way, kanina pa ako nagsasalita dito tapos ikaw parang tatlong beses ka palang nag talk! Grabe hindi ba bumabaho laway mo?" She asked. I just shrugged. "See?"

"I only talk when its needed." I said.

"Oo nga naman parang hindi na ako nasanay," She stood up and walked into the kitchen to pour a glass of water. "Sobrang sad siguro nang buhay mo cous 'no? Kaya ka ganyan." My forehead knitted.

As far as I can remember I don't have any problems in life. I was well raised and being loved by my family unconditionally. I was being taking cared of by my cousins like their own princess. I was being spoiled of love and care. Above all, I feel appreciated and cherished by the people around me so bakit naman malungkot ang buhay ko?

"Char lang!" She added when she notice that I was offended.

I sighed.

Again, patience. Don't let words eat you.

"How's school?" I'm the one who's asking now.

"Okay lang. Alam mo, tanggal yang angas mo kapag naka meet ka ng katapat mo,"

"What do you mean?" I asked. Confused.

"Duh? Syempre 'yung taong makaka break niyang ice mo sa katawan! Sobrang lamig mong tao kaya!" The way she said those words made me question myself. Am I really the problem or it's just them who cannot understand my silence? As far as I am concern as long as wala akong tinatapakan na tao wala namang masama --- of course, as what I have said I only talk when its needed. What's the use of knowledge when you're talking about nonsense stuff. Mukhang tanga lang diba?

"As if naman I care," I adjusted my seat because I feel uncomfortable. "Give me the fries, please." She quickly commanded and hand me the fries.

"Siguro kapag nagka world war III wala ka ding pakealam." She rolled her eyes at me. I stayed quite. "Magsalita ka nga! My God! Para akong nakikipag usap sa pader!" She massaged her head like she was trying hard to hold her tiny string of patience. I couldn't help but to chuckle. "Oh bakit? May nakakatawa ba?"

"No, I'm sorry."

"Magsalita ka!"

"According to 1987 Philippine Constitution article 3 section 12 paragraph 1, I have the right to remain silent." Her lips parted. Wala pa ding emosyon ang mukha ko. Siguro, nasanay na lang din ako sa mga reaction ng mga tao sa paligid ko. They always tend to say that I'm annoying or either way intimidating kaya wala daw akong manliligaw. If I know that's the least that I would consider because it's not on my goal na dumami ang manliligaw ko. I would rather hear 'I want to be like her when I grow up' by a little girl.