Chapter 25- Redemption

-Ryzo POV-

"Wait- again? What other hybri-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence because Browlvic decided he did want to fight. He jumped at me, which ended up becoming a tentacle clash. I knew I'd lose if we kept doing this. I'd assumed he meant to tackle me to the ground, which fueled his anger even more. In the middle of doing this, I signed to the others to run out the back door, which was the opposite of where the two of us were. It led to the clearing behind the base, which was surrounded by forest. They might as well have been forced over to the wall like minions taking orders from their master, and surprisingly, Tbh caught on to my hand signs. He told everyone to run out into the forest, the one place where they could be safe instead of being locked in this deadly labyrinth of a base.

The last person, Dino, rushed out the door and off the deck, and as he left, slammed the door shut. Now, the two of us were stuck in here like wolves fighting for the last scrap of meat in a zoo cage. Well, Browlvic was anyway.

"WHY HELP HUMAN?!"

"BECAUSE I HAVE FEELINGS, BROWLVIC.."

"WHAT FEELING?"

"PITY AND REMORSE!!"

"...what..?"

We stared at each other dead in the eyes, trying to compute which way to go with the conversation. Browlvic had let up his strength, standing only about a foot away, about an inch taller than me, tentacles steady but ready to kill. Slightly staring down at me with a confused expression, he simply asked with his kill-all mindset—

"Why remorse, pity?"

—along with which he had nearly lost the entire ability to talk correctly and clearly.

"Because.. I don't think that what you're doing is right,"

"..."

"You've held on to something that happened 800 plus years ago-"

He cut me off, annoyance clear in his voice.

"807 year,"

"Whatever. Ever since I killed Woolf I've had this weight on my shoulders. It's like an elephant stomping on my- Laff's guts everytime I see Nadwe because of that. I want to help them and get to know them. I don't want to hurt people,"

He was staring at me, dumbfounded with what I was saying. He didn't even look mad, just shocked.

"Even if that means sacrificing my life, or even yours- I want to protect them,"

I watched as his face, which originally expressed surprise, became and expressed rage.

"No matter what."

"You.. what??"

"I don't care what you say. I'm doing what I want. So if you continue to do this, I don't know if that's gonna work out there, chief."

"Reminding me of friend,"

He then switched gears, and in a clear, deadly, venomous voice, he said,

"A person whom I want to stay dead."
________________________
-Muffin POV-

"Soooo where are we again?"

"Yeah, how much further do we have to go?"

"Would you guys calm down for a sec' and let me think?"

The two of us both responded,

"Ok.. sorry."

We were practically stranded in the middle of the forest from what I could tell. Woolf was just getting aggravated from me and Meme being.. us. Sure, the woods were a beautiful place, but that doesn't replace the fact that we need to uncover a cave with some magical remedy inside.