Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve.
Katherine's pov:

My fathers words made me raise my eyebrows. "Another reason other than alliance" I knew it! They wouldn't just send me away without a reason. Ok maybe they would, but they didn't.

"We must make this conversation quick." Yes please do.

"You are going to kill Silas Crimson." He said finally. My eyes went wider then ever, it felt as if they might pop out of my own here if I didn't do something. I tried calming myself down and listen to the rest of what he had to say.

"Richard Crimson is about to pass his legacy over to Silas. Therefore since Silas is his only child the legacy will die with him." He took a pause looking away from me for a second. "You must make him fall in love with you and then when the time comes you kill him." I tried to process what I had just been told, but this was far to much at once.

"This is well planned Katherine, and it's the only way we can actually manage to take down their mafia once and for all." Yes, I could hear it was very well planned.

"It is a great idea, is it not?" It is, no one would suspect the person they love the most. Only one problem Silas and I do not love each other.

"It's always the wife, right?" I joked. It was not the time for jokes, but this all seemed so unrealistic. I was ordered to kill the man I thought would be my husband. Not that I wanted him to be.

"Do you have any questions, or are we clear?" My father asked sitting back in his chair.

"When and how shall I kill him?" I asked thinking of all the different choices I had. Many times had I thought about killing him, but now I was actually going to?

"You shall do it when you are certain he trusts you. I will not have this go wrong. And how is simply up to you, whatever is easiest." My father got up from his seat and walked over to me. "Now you walk out there and pretend like this conversation never happened." He gripped my arm pulling me up from my chair.

I didn't care to think about how badly it hurt when he grabbed my arm, or how it left a big red spot there. I only walked out to the living room trying to look as normal as ever.

"There you are." My mother said smiling at me. Silas on the couch scanning me as I walked over to them and took a seat next to him. It was not usual for me to do so, but I had to make him trust and fall in love with me, so might as well start somewhere.

"What are you guys chatting about?" I asked trying to sound welcoming or sort of nice. I looked at him with a soft expression waiting for an answer.

He narrowed his eyes back at me and answered. "Your mother wants us to stay the night." He said blankly as if it didn't bother him doing so.

I looked over at my mother who was looking at us with pleading eyes. "No, we can't do that. Silas have work and well I—have something to do too." I really hadn't I just didn't want to stay here longer then necessary.

Her expression turned sad. "Well at least stay for dinner." She begged. "So you'll get to see your brother before you leave." I sighed and looked at Silas to check. He nodded and so we stayed.

A little while later my mom disappeared somewhere and it was just me and Silas. I really had no idea how I would make him fall for me, let alone like me.

"My mom wasn't too much was she?" Best to start with conversation.

He shook his head. "She reminds me much of my own. Very loving I must say." He continued looking at me in this weird way. Probably at my sudden change of heart. Going from saying barely a word to him, to actually starting the conversation.