Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Part 1

A few weeks has gone by and it's the same routine:

1. Get up

2. Struggle

3. Cuff me

4. Endure a hot, burning shower

5. Get hauled back to bed and sleep

I wasn't so scared anymore. I was numb. To everything.

The only thing that kept me going was the memories I kept replying in my head. The sweet curve of my siblings smiles, the softness of my mothers voice singing me a beautiful lullaby.

Things were different now, more so than ever. Each day I had learned a shift in my senses and the way I talked and moved, a slight alteration; although I was mostly in bed most of the time.

The voice that paraded the sad depths of my mind a few nights ago didn't make another appearance. For some strange reason I felt exposed, more open to the person deep within even though I hardly said anything to my captures. The only thing that left my lips were my screams due to all the hot showers.

I expected my capturers to be savages, living in some abandoned warehouse or house in the woods but I was shown wrong on the forth day of my forcefully-insisted-stay. I was given a chance to dine with someone with presumably high authority.

Forced to dress in a black modest dress with my hair pinned down and flat shoes. A change from the bareness my feet had become accustomed to.

I stared at the man in front of me, he was like the other that looked like.. What was his name? Jack?

Jack-something.

He was somewhat handsome, however he didn't look like he got to where he was based on his looks. He was dressed smartly in a dark-grey checkered suit, smoothed either by his help or the way he managed to make the first thing he said roll off his tongue with such a way it seemed to demand a title, a way of which someone had to speak in order to be in his presence.

"Good afternoon." And how it made my toes curl and endure a shiver of pleasure running down my spine.

I was speechless at this overwhelming feeling, knowing that at some point during our conversation I was left completely and utterly vulnerable to the way his voice touched every hair on my body and the weirdest feeling that my skin was enjoying the sweet sensation of his breath dancing along my bare arms.

Although I was in a trance just at the sound of his voice, his words had barely given my mind a chance to focus properly. A few minutes had been stolen by the looking and analysing the childish flaxen locks, the nice, long shape of his nose and the laughable play of his upper lip playing peek-a-boo.

"Miss?" Someone spoke, gently nudging my shoulder, but my attention was too focused on the quiet growl I heard from across the table. I turned my attention to him within seconds and analysed the way his lips has quickly change and then settled.

A secret was waving enthusiastically in a form of a knowing glint behind his dark, chocolate eyes.

"Who are you?" I was quick to ask, the atmosphere suddenly felt uncomfortable. "I'm sorry.. I wasn't paying much attention.." I admitted with a short breath before turning my head to avoid the gaze I assumed to be disapproving with a tint of annoyance.

Yet instead I heard a silent chuckle, encouraging me to turn my head back and listen as he finally introduced himself. "My name is Lucian, Lucian Cappo."

And his smile.. My god his smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you.." I replied back with a cautious tone, my eyes lids narrowed to a thin slit. He had his palm ready to accept mine in a gentle shake, but I kept my hands on my lap.