Chapter 1 Pegasus at Thirteen

"Happy birthday to you"...

"Happy birthday dear Allie"...

"Happy birthday to you!"...

"Hah... Thirteen, thank you every body for coming to this little get together of mine!" I actually couldn't wait for my birthday, it was just two weeks ago when I decided to get all exited about it and stuff. This little so called party was a blast, and to tell the truth, a blast is just sitting down on the couch watching some cartoons while eating popcorn with close friends.
"So Alaina, enjoyed your party?"
"Yes, very much, and call me Alie mom!" I just realized I sounded like a jerk... "Never mind mom call me whatever, you, want." I gave her a hug, I loved her so much, she'd do anything for me, especially invite all my friends FOR me to celebrate my birthday.
"Guess what?" My mom blindfolded me, and held my hand, "walk, c'mon I have a surprise." What was it gonna be? A new iPad perhaps? A bike. I then felt the grass touch my sport shoes, I was outside, what would she be hiding outside? "Ta-da!." My mom untie the blindfold, it fell onto the grass, I looked up, and I couldn't believe it. "Do you like it? Alain- oh, I mean Allie? I thought you could get used to the heights, it also makes a great companion."
"Mom! You shouldn't have, it's just what I wanted! How did you know I wanted a- ummm..."
"A Pegasus? Yes it is, but he doesn't have a name-"
"Octavius!" I blurred out, "that's his name, my brave and noble companion!"
"Alright Allie, do you know how to ride it? It takes several lessons and-"
"Yes, Yes I can!" I was way too excited, as quick as I could I jumped onto him, stroked his silky pink purple, and green hair, his tail matched, I admired his glowing white coat. "Go Octavius!" I pointed to the sky, he stepped back, and ran forward, he was actually much faster than a horse, he ran so fast I couldn't see the ground in a clear image, and suddenly, I felt a push, it led down, kind of like the feeling you het when an airplane just moves into the air. I shut my eyes as hard as I could, and held on to my new presents' hair. "Slow down Octavius!" I just realized I was afraid of heights, I couldn't even see my house any more, "Go back down, now!" He didn't seem to hear me, and was flying upwards, "Octo!" I yelled, and I kind of liked that nickname, nobody has time for saying a long name like that. Before I knew it, Octo stopped in the middle of the air and flew in place, I admit it was fun, but very scary, his wings had such control, they were made up of silky, glowing white feathers. "Now slowly Octo, take me to my mom. In the blink of an eye he then, closed his wings, we were free falling! "Octo, I s-said slowly!" He was cutting through the wind, the skin on my face flopping around exposing my teeth, and then he opened his wings, rapidly slowing down, and gliding back into my yard. "Mom, I think I want my wings now!" I fell off the creature, stroking the grass as it bristled across my face. I wondered how a wingless would live? No wings? I can't imagine!