Chapter seventeen: The Sea God

Chapter seventeen: Andromeda

You know that feeling you get when you dive underwater and you can feel the water in your ears?

When the wave came crashing down, all I could hear was the water.

The rushing of the water as it looked for a way around. Back to the ocean.

It brought us there. Back to the ocean.

The Cyclops had jumped into the water, was currently walking somewhere, with me on his back. I struggled, trying to get free and hold my breath at the same time.

Cyclops guy noticed, and frowned.

"Legacy of the sea should not hold breath." Legacy.....where have I heard that word before?

"Open mouth." I shook my head. He frowned.

"Open mouth." He said again. Something about the Cyclops felt familiar, like I had seen him before.

"Open mouth, Legacy of the sea!!" He boomed. Black spots began to fill my vision, the fear of drowning began to fill me. I didn't want to drown, but I also didn't want to open my mouth for whatever reason Uncle Tyson wanted me too.

Wait......Uncle Tyson?

Before I could give it anymore thought, I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I awoke I was in a beautiful room. The walls were a greenish blue color with bright pearls, shells and corals all over the wall. I gasped, looking around. It looked....amazing honestly.

"Pretty cool right?" I looked at the man standing in the door way. Well...he wasn't a man exactly.

He was....a merman?

I looked around quickly. The pearls, the coral........I could feel the coolness of the water around me. But I was breathing.

"Yes, you're underwater. And yes, your breathing. Normally it'd be hard for you, however, the necklace helps." I blinked, my hand flying to the necklace. The merman chuckled, a triton in his hand.

"Don't worry, I won't take it." I opened my mouth, wondering if words will actually come out of my mouth, or just bubbles.

"Are you Poseidon?" I asked. The merman blinked, before letting out a booming laugh.

"You flatter me Legacy of the Sea. I am Triton, son and Heir of Poseidon." Triton swam over. It was now that I noticed his two tails, and how different his trident was.

"My father wishes that you join him for breakfast." Triton held out his hand. I looked up at him. He grinned.

"Come. We mustn't keep a god waiting." I took his hand and he pulled me up.

"My name is Andromeda. Andromeda Jackson." At the mention of 'Jackson', Triton flinched.

"I know." Was all he said, before leading me out the door and down the hallway.

Many fish, mermen, mermaids, and dolphins passed us. I heard whispers whenever they passed, but I couldn't pin down what they were saying.

"Can you hear them?" Triton asked.

"Sort of." I said. Triton stopped in front of a large coral door.

"I assume you know how to act in the presences of a god?" I frowned but nodded.

"Yes." Triton raised an eyebrow but nodded.

"Good." Triton pushed open the door.

Inside, there was a long green table, with fish and sharks (yes, Sharks) overhead. Near the end of the table, was two people. A goddess, and a god.