Chapter 1

"I'm breaking up with you."

Now...those were five words I did not expect to hear after one of the best days of my life, but they were still uttered and they changed my life forever.

"You're what now?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm gonna say this SLOWLY," Jackson said with emphasis. He was treating me like I was stupid, which always made me angry, and he was also purposely trying to get me riled up, which also made me fit to be tied. "You," he said while gesturing towards me, "And I," He said while pointing at his own chest, "Are OVER."

"Can I ask why?" I said while trying to calm my anger down. Jackson was fairly wealthy. That was NOT the reason that I was interested in him, but even I have to admit, his wealth was more pleasurable than the stoic man that I'd seen walking around the house lately. But thats beside the point: if I laid one finger on Jackson, he could sue me for everything I owned and he would not hesitate to do so.

"Yes. I found someone else."

Ok, Lizzy...think about the lawsuit, don't think about how satisfying it would be to hear his face hit the wall...just think...about...the lawsuit.

"She is so much better looking than you...oh, and she's rich, meaning that she won't leech off of me like you do." He said all of this with a cocky sneer that I wanted to slap off of his face.

My palm was itching. 

Just one slap...I tried to talk myself into it, but I stood my ground. My jaw was clenched but I managed to bypass my fury well enough to form a coherant thought. 

"So you think I'm a gold-digger? Huh. That wasn't what you said last night."

Jackson's sneer faded and a look of unadultered rage appeared in his eyes. He raised his fist and swung at me, hard. 

My reflexes weren't their best, so the blow continued uninterrupted on its course until fist connected with jaw. There was a sickening crack and I saw stars. 

Out of everything that Jackson had done, he'd never hit me. He always said that those who beat their women were never justified and always stupid men who would never know success. But he also said that he'd loved me...and that also turned out to be a lie.

So I guess...in the end...none of it really matters, now does it? It's still three years down the drain. That's enough of a slap in the face for me, but no...he just had to go and hit me, didn't he?

"Last night was a mistake. You were a mistake. I can't believe I fell for your tricks again." His nostrils were inhaling large amounts of air so it sounded like he was a steam engine puffing for more air. He looked at me with disgusted eyes and then turned around. With his back facing me, he made his way over to the door and said, "I'm leaving for a date. If your things aren't out of here by then, I will call the police and have you arrested for tresspassing." 

And then he left without another word.

What did I ever seen in that jackass? 

We may never know.

If this had happened to a normal girl, she would've been crying their eyes out and begging for him to take her back. But I'm not a normal girl. Did I think he loved me? Yes. Was I destroyed? Yes. Was I used to it? No. 

I just didn't need anyone. 

I had already been broken, so a little bit more rejection didn't really sting too much. 

His words and punches were meant to make me feel inferior, but I was done with that. He was wrong. 

Completely wrong.