MALENAS POV

One thing that should be noted is that I am a terrible, terrible bowler. It was a skill I hadn't needed for over 7 years until now. I sit down next to Malia and I have my head in my hands. Malia pats my shoulder sympathetically.

"I don't think that anyone has ever needed 15 bowls to get down 10 pins," Lydia says smirking from behind us as she adds up the tally. Kira nudges her and she looks at me. "No offence." She adds quickly.

"I'm so so bad at this." I groan as I rub my eyes. "Go on without me Malia, I can't do it."

Malia snorts with laughter, "don't forget that I'm not getting a fantastic score either." She says laughing.

We've been bowling for an hour and so far Malia and I had collectively have racked up just over 100 marks. Lydia and Kira are only at 40.

"it's not that bad," Kira says trying to sound kind but her facial expressions give her away.

"Yes, it is," Malia says grimly. "You don't have to pretend to be nice Kira. It's okay, we already know we suck."

Kira blushes, "sorry." She mutters. I smile at her. 

"It's okay, don't worry about it. Let's just bowl." I say encouragingly. 

Lydia nods and she turns to get her bowl again and I reach for her hand. "Maybe go easy," I whisper to her.

Lydia rolls her eyes, "You'd be surprised the number of times people have said to me. Just get better at bowling, you'll be fine." She whispers back. 

She goes to move her hand and I hold it back, "Not for me." I whisper back to look at Malia and Kira.

Lydia's eyes flicker to them, she sighs. "Yeah. Yeah okay, I'll ease up a bit." She mutters.

'Thank you' I mouth to her as she moves to get her bowl. 

I scoot back to Malia and Kira who are talking about school.  

"I cannot physically do any math," Malia says to Kira who's listening to her whine. 

"Well, I can always help out in History if you need it," Kira says to Malia who grunts out a thank you. 

"Malia, you're up next," I say to her smiling. Malia groans and slides down the slippery seats so she's almost sitting on the floor. 

"Who's idea was this?" She mutters darkly. I smile at her. 

Behind me I hear a 'whoop!' and I turn and see Allison cheering for Isaac after he got a strike. My heart twists as they share a kiss. 

Malia sees that I'm turned away from the group and follows my vision. "So she's still with him, huh?" She asks coldly. 

"Yup," Lydia says her face turned up in a sneer. "Literally broke girl code just to get a quick fuck." 

"Lydia!" Kira reprimes quietly. 

"S'okay," I murmur.  Malia looks back at Allison and Isaac and she stands up quickly. 

"That's it." She says smirking, "I'm going over there." And she stalks off in the direction of the pair. 

I stand up immediately and chase after her. "No!" I cry out, I try to grab her hand but Lydia grabs mine instead, pulling me back. 

"C'mon. This will be funny." Lydia says reassuring me as she pulls me back to sit down. 

"No Lydia, this is cruel-." I start but Lydia raises an eyebrow and defeatedly I sit down and watch as Malia walks up to Isaac and Allison who are now waiting for Isaac's ball to return.