The Love of the Rodeo!

Chapter one

                          Moving

“Mom, I don’t want to move to Casper,” I argued. “Well you’re going to have to get used to your new name Jessy. That’s too bad because your dad is retiring from the C.I.A. and we have to use our new names and we can’t tell anyone because they could kill us,” my mom said exhaustedly. “Fine I’m going to pack.” I said. I went walking down stairs when I heard my mom yell down the stairs “Hey it won’t be that bad. Your friend is here.” I went up stairs and saw my buddy Mike. I ran up and hugged him then he said “We’ll miss yeah up here in New York.” I replied “yeah I hope so.  I wish I was staying here but I’m not and it’s going to stink so bad from the cows, pigs, horses and everything else.” Mike chuckled and said “well I’ll let yah get back to packing.” When mike left I went back to packing.     

        I was drowsy when I went up stairs and noticed that before I went to bed last night there was tons of boxes everywhere now, there’s not even half of them. I noticed that I couldn’t find anybody in the living room or the kitchen everyone was either in their rooms or out putting their boxes of stuff in the U-Haul trailer. I thought about what it would be like in Casper, I mean it’s a really small town and there probably won’t be anything to do, I bet they don’t even have a bowling alley not like I’m into bowling or anything but seriously. I wonder if they have lots of people my age.

        When I got my last box of clothes into the U-Haul trailer I noticed that a bunch of kids were walking down the side walk. I noticed that they were all wearing black, they must have been gothic, and so I shrugged and walked back inside still wondering how it’s going to be so boring in Casper. I wonder if I am even going to have friends, most likely not.

        When we hit the road I started reading  and didn’t stop reading and my mom wanted me to go into the gas stations that we stopped at, but I said no because I was reading a really good book called The Last Song by Nicolas Sparks. When we got to Perrysburg Ohio we stayed for one night at Comfort Suites in room 172a. It was the crappiest freaking hotel I have ever stayed in it had red comforters, brown and pink curtains that smelled like cat piss. It had freezing cold water. Didn’t have a hot tub and worst of all, the beds were hard and I would have rather slept on the concrete outside. 

        In the morning I had a kinked neck from that freaking bed. After putting on my makeup and doing my hair we went back to driving I had another book by Nicolas Sparks called Dear John I started reading that after we ate at this terrible restaurant called the Fish Dish and all they had there was fish not enough salad they had fish salad but not just regular salad. We got back on the road again and I started reading and soon enough we were in Illinois. I fell asleep for a few hours and found myself in Lexington, Nebraska, where we ate dinner at this steak house which was really good I had a T-Bone I couldn’t eat it all but my dad did. We found a Holiday Inn Express and we checked in, our room number 76b it was nice, it had matching beds and curtains and carpets and the beds were so cozy it felt like sleeping on a cloud.

         I got up around seven thirty and everyone was still asleep so I decided to watch TV but there wasn’t anything on like always. I started to wonder if Casper was going to be like that. Then my mom and dad woke up. “Hey sweetheart,” my dad said while my mom started coffee. I made me a cup too; it didn’t taste normal, kind of like mud. “How’d you sleep,” my mom said, “fine you guys?” I replied “Pretty good” my mom answered quickly. My dad just nodded sipping his coffee.

        When everyone was showered we packed up and went to an Arby’s and got some sandwiches. They tasted like heaven, mostly because I was so hungry. I was kind of mad that I had to leave all my friends and everything. I hope I make more friends in Casper, what if no one likes me? After thinking that, I started read Dear, John again.