40. Fired.

Too high, can't come down
It's in the air and it's all around
Can you feel me now?
With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride
You're toxic, I'm slippin' under
With a taste of a poison paradise
I'm addicted to you
Don't you know that you're toxic?
And I love what you do
Don't you know that you're toxic?

~Toxic.
(By: Britney Spears.)

Decisions are usually easier to make when you're not the one making them. Sometimes you get your decisions taken by others for you and it just saves your time of overthinking about coming up with an answer.

On a beautiful day, Bucky was working in his office on a bombshell, he had been assembling for a while, now, when his landline started ringing.

Answering the call, he pressed the speaker button, "yes, Elena?" He asked, flipping a page of the file he was reading.

"Sir, you'll be leaving for a meeting in an hour and you don't have any other meeting for the next hour after that." Elena said while Bucky read through the lines.

"Why are you telling me my schedule for today, when I already know that." Bucky said in a monotone since she was just wasting his time.

"Sorry, sir. But I wanted to ask, if you could have a meeting right now?" She asked.

"With whom?" He asked, flipping another page.

"A Ms. Lin is here and was asking if you could meet?" Elena answered and Bucky furrowed his brows, keeping the file down on the desk.

"What's the full name?" He asked in a deep voice, feeling his heart beat a bit faster.

"Uhm- Connie Lin." Elena said and Bucky took a sharp breath, shutting his eyes. "Shall I assign a meeting room, sir?" She asked.

"Uh- just send her in my office, it's not a meeting." Bucky said in a low, deep voice and hung up the call with an unamused face.

He leaned back in his seat, running his fingers into his hair, looking at the ceiling.

"Just when I dared to think that today was gonna be a great day." He murmured to himself in a throaty voice and sighed before dropping his arms on the desk to get back to work.

After a while, Elena opened the door of his office to escort Connie inside.

"Thank you." Connie said in a cheerful voice to Elena, walking inside before she left and Connie looked at Bucky with a huge smile.

"Bucky Barnes." She said beaming at him and walking towards him.

"Connie Lin." Bucky exhaled deeply, turning his seat and standing up while buttoning up his suit jacket as he was walking around the table.

"How are you?" She asked in a shrill giving Bucky a side hug.

"I'm absolutely fine, thanks. How about you?" He asked, swaying his arm in the direction of the sofa in front of his seat, leading her up to it.

"I'm great. It's been a long time since we last met." She said in a thin voice, taking a seat while Bucky walked back to his and sat down. "You know, when we-"

"Yes." Bucky cut her off. "I remember, Connie." He added, raising his brows and she chuckled.

"I bet you do." She said, resting her arm over the armrest, holding her palms, together, looking at Bucky with a smirk.

Letting a soft chukle out, "Why are you here, Connie?" He asked in a husky voice, narrowing his eyes a little, keeping his palms over his desk.

"Well, you know, I had to." She replied in a shrill, raising her brows with a grin on her face. "After the word got around about the two business tycoons finally putting their faces to thier fame and fortune. You and Steve stole the whole market since you guys launched out in the magazines and what not, last month and it's still going up the charts" She added, smirking at Bucky.