Chapter 7: can I just go to sleep now?

Chapter 7: Can I just go to sleep now?

I woke up at dawn, jeesh cant i get eight hours of sleep like a normal person?!? I did my morning stretches and rolled off the couch, flinching as my feet touched the cold concrete that I have to clean daily. Yesterday flashed through my mind, i sighed, i'll just continue the day shift as usual. The Bat-communicator was flashing, good thing I took out the tracking device in that. I glanced at the message:

ti rof pu sekam siht epoh i, yadretsey touba yrros m'i

Which obviously meant "I'm sorry about yesterday, I hope this makes up for it", what is he talking about? I looked around and gasped. Infront of me was a king-sized, plush double layer bed with a duvet that had black roses on a red backround. It was beautiful. The bed was in a corner of the alley that used to be empty, it fit perfectly.

On the bed was a card, with a cute little cartoon puppy with big eyes that said 'I'm sowwy' on the cover. Inside was my mask and I inwardly sighed in relief, he also wrote inside

"Dont worry, I still don't know who you are. Hope you forgive me, that bed was bloody difficult to get in here!

xx B-man"

I laughed at the card and smiled, I had forgiven him before I saved that little girl last night. But presents were good too. But seriously, how did he get a bed in here... and how did he find me?? Well... I do live next to his building..

I put on my costume, the awesome black jacket i wanted included, and climed up the ladder that was bolted onto the side of the bookstore and ran up. I climbed onto the roof and double checked all my secret pockets. All there, good. I need to have a little chat with Gotham City Police Commissioner...

***********************

Jim Gordan was a busy man, as police commissioner he had alot to sort through. After the people of Gotham had forgiven him for keeping the identity of Two Face a secret, with the help of Batman, he was given his position back. It was hard and tiring work but he couldn't bring himself to quit.

The streets of Gotham were eerily silent, but there was still work to do. He found out that the criminals of Arkham Asylum had bonded with the new doctor, a young girl named Lily Dawson and it was unclear whether she was a threat or an ally. Also, the four most powerful villians of Gotham had recently teamed up but he only knew this thanks to Batman's mysterious source.

Batman was mysterious enough without this source of his, with his whole secret identity thing and disappearing into the shadows all the time. Now there was someone else helping him, a young girl according to his own source in the casino's. Goes by the name Strangeligue. Great, all these people with strange name. At least Strangelique fits, strange is the only word you can use to describe a young girl who visits casino's and works with Batman.

******

I walked into the police department, head held high and ignoring the commands to stop and sign in. For a police department they weren't very defended. I walked down a corridor until I came to a glass door with Jim Gordan's name on it.

I opened it and walked in, sitting down across from him as he just gaped at me in surprise. We had a mini staring contest until a man came running in saying, "Sir, there's an unidentified person in the..."

He trailed off, obviously just seeing me.

"You know if I was here to kill most of you would be dead and I would be home by now. Great work on speed there." I said, without breaking eye contact with Gordon.

"Dont worry Gavin, I identify her."

Gavin paused for a minute before turning and walking back down the hall.