chapter 2

A knock sounded on the door, and I jumped up from the table. Still dazed in my work, I realized it was Angel and essentially sprinted to the door, shoving it open.

She's in sweatpants, a college sweatshirt, and an armful of food. I chuckle at her, struggling to carry it all.

"Hi!" I squeal.

"Hey, girl." She says, pushing me aside to put the food down.

She takes a glance at the paper-ridden table and then looks directly at me.

"Any sleep?" She asks, walking toward me.

"Yeah, but no sex," I sigh.

"He's still bad?" She giggles.

"Pretty much and always fucking bitchy. Like 'Olive do this, Olive do that' or 'Stop that and shut up" I rant.

As if on queue, his name pops up onto my phone. Rolling my eyes, I answer.

"Hey, babe," He says right away.

"Don't fucking call me that, you yelled at me. What do you want?" I say, monotonous.

"I'm gonna go out with Rowan and the boys tonight; don't make dinner." 

I look at Angel, her face was dejected. She assumed it would be an apology.

I scoff.

"Fine. Don't expect me to be your alarm, cook, or cleaner if you're going to do that to me."

"You're my fiancee; you're supposed to be nice and help me. That's how this relationship works: " He whines.

"You're my fiance; you've not supposed to be bad at sex and then go out with your boys," I retort, taking the phone off my ear.

Before I hang up, I hear his distant yelling from the phone. I giggle and shut it off.

Shaking my head, I look back at Angel. She has a faint smile on her face.

"What?" I tilt my head slightly.

"Let's go out tonight; he should know who he's fucking with," She says, "Well..not fucking technically."

I laugh a little.

"Let's do it bitch."

Angel and I spend the day watching John Hughes' movies, shoveling food into our mouths.

4:00 P.M

His name fucking pops up on my phone again.

I answer it, wincing. Waiting for him to start yelling.

"Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you this morning." He starts.

Angel and I look at each other as the phone is on speaker. We both tilt our heads, in somewhat of a relief that he finally apologized.

"Okay," I say tentatively.

"Rowan and I are going to stop by the apartment to eat before drinking. Is it possible for you to make something or at least order food?"

I laugh angrily.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"I mean, yes,"

I could practically hear obliviousness through the phone.

"I'm going out with Angel tonight."

I hang up.

Looking at Angel, sympathy paints her face. That's when the tears well up in my eyes.

"I can not believe he just fucking did that. I do everything for him. I make $350,000 a goddamn year for him to make a whopping 45, and this is the thanks I get?" I breathe heavily, tears rushing their way down my face and onto my shirt."He treats me like a fucking pet, that misogynistic asshole. Never has he ever thought of what I want or, for God's sake, brought me some goddamn flowers for working hard. He dismisses me every chance he gets, and I am sure he's fucking cheating on me."