Chapter Ten

The next morning, it was sunny and calm. A cool breeze was blowing and trees seemed to be dancing with joy. Birds were chirping and everyone seemed jolly.

Seriously? You believed me?

As a matter of fact, the next morning was as crappy as it can get.

In ever. 

First of all, I woke up ,as usual, tired off my ass. I looked out to see that it was raining cats and dogs. Sam gave me another speech at breakfast at how "I should act my age". Thankfully, he didn't know that I had returned home at three in the morning. The good Lord knows what I would have been subjected to then. We were late in leaving for Lameville as Sam got a conference call from one of his clients in the study. Walking just the ten metres from the Limo to the school entrance, a fricking bird pooped on my shoulder. I didn't have a spare sweatshirt so I had to borrow one from Mr Please. It had "Mamma's Boy" written in bold letters at the back. And worse, I didn't have a single minute to spare the entire morning. Mr Please seemed to be dragging me from one room to the other. All my plans of skating over the horrible parts of High school seemed to be crashing.

"Where the fuck is your minion when you need him?", I grumbled. I hadn't seen Ned all morning and by the looks of it, I already had tonnes of work. 

The bell rang, loud and piercing. I winced and glared at it as all around me people started moving out of their places. "Come on", cajoled Mr Please, "It's Advanced Biology for you now". 

"I won't go!", I frowned and folded my hands across my chest.

I have had enough of this shit. Nothing will make me move out of my chair now, I decided. Mr Please sighed. "It's only a matter of a few minutes, Alexis. And then, we have lunch!". 

I glared at him, "You said that to bring me to this class too!". 

"Well, it worked that time", he muttered in a low voice. The classroom was empty by now. Even the subject teacher had abandoned her desk. 

Mr Please ran a hand through his black hair. His spectacles kept crookedly on his small nose. Poor guy. I was frustrating him to no end. But then, I myself was frustrated. 

"I know what we do. We bunk and get some chocolates from the cafetaria", I grinned at him.

"No. You go to Bio and I will go to my Spanish class", he retorted. "For which I am already late", he muttered. 

My eyes were wide, "You won't come with me? Then, who will wake me up towards the end?"

He rolled his eyes, "You have Ned with you in this class" 

"Ned? Really?", I tried to keep any inkling of interest out of my voice. I don't think I succeeded. 

Mr Please narrowed his eyes at me, "Yes, Ned. Can we go now?"

I grunted and slipped out of my chair, "I guess it won't harm us to attend another class"

 Mr Please snorted and I grinned sheepishly at him. And together, we both lugged our heavy bags and walked out into the empty corridor. 

"Take your scalpel and delicately cut a line through the specimen's abdomen fur. After that, I expect you all know what to do. Good luck." 

All around me there was a buzz of conversation and the screech of chairs. I could see the couple next to me pulling on gloves and pull the rat towards them.