Chapter one

Regular words: present time
Italics: voice over
Bold letters: In her little imagination of the killing (LMAO I DONT KNOW WHAT JTS CALLED IM SO SORRY)

3rd person:
"After everything we've seen, there isn't much that rattles either of us anymore...but this one...this one still haunts me."
"Two months prior to our involvement the lutz family had fled their home in the middle of the night, claiming that the house was haunted. The church had reached out to us for help. They wanted to see if we could confirm the activity that has been reported by the Lutzes."
"Okay. We ready?" Ed asked as he looked at everyone around the table. They all sent nods and mumbles around the room.
"Then let's get started." Ed nodded towards Drew and Drew nodded back then got up to close the curtains.
Lorraine smiled at everyone. "I'd like you to sit quietly and close your eyes" she breathed deeply
"Envision yourself in a halo of glowing white light. It will protect you." Lorraine said as she put her hands flat on the table and closed her eyes.
"The year before the lutzes moved in, a young man named Ronny Defeo had brutally murdered his entire family in this house. We'd hoped to discover if the killings has been motivated purely by anger or if, as Ronny Defeo testified in court, he had been u see the influence of something demonic.
Lorraine opened her eyes. She looked around the dark room and got up from her seat to walk. She turned around to see her present self in the dining room, sitting in the table with candles burning. She then looked straight and sighed through her nose
"Stay here. Stay" a voice whispered
She turned her head slowly to the voice and walked towards the stairs. As she walked up the stairs, she placed her hand on the hand rail and looked around the walls.
One of the doors slowly creaked open, revealing the married couple. The husband was laying down and the wife sat, absent minded.
"Kill her. Kill her." The voices whispered again.
"Shoot them." A deeper voice whispered.
"Shoot her." The voices whispered.
"What did you do?!" The women turned towards Lorraine in a panicked voice.
"What did you do!?"
Lorraine's hands rose up as if she were holding a shot gun.
"Shoot her!"
Lorraine cocked the imaginary gun and shot the women.
Lorraine cocked the gun once more and shot her again. Lorraine turned around and left the room. Lorraine walked slowly to another room and opened the door more than it was.
"Shoot them all"
"Shoot!"
Lorraine cocked the gun and shot one little boy who was resting peacefully in bed. She turned to the other bed and shot the other sleeping boy.
Lorraine gasped.
Lorraine cocked the gun, again, and started walking to the next room.
Lorraine breathed heavily as she couldn't control what she was doing.
"Kill her. Shoot her."
Lorraine held the gun up and shot the sleeping teenage girl.
Just as she was done, she realized what she had done. She dropped the imaginary gun and raised her hands as she breathed heavily.
She looked around with tears in her eyes at the damage she had just done.
"Honey, you okay? What are you seeing?" Ed asked as Lorraine hyperventilated.
Lorraine slowly backed out of the doorway  and put her back against the wall while she slid down it, struggling to breath. She sobbed for a second then looked at her surroundings. She saw a little boy, the one she had killed previously, peering from behind a wall with plain white eyes. Lorraine stared at him before quickly getting up. The little boy ran down the stairs and out of sight. Soon after, Lorraine ran down the stairs, chasing after him.
"Lorraine." Ed said
"Lorraine, what is happening?" Ed asked
"I have to see."
"We're through. We're through. It's time to come back." Ed demanded.
The basement door creaked open and behind it was the little boy, standing with his hands at his side
"What is happening?" Ed asked
The little boy laughed then ran down the stairs.
"It wants to show me." Lorraine breathed shakily
Lorraine made her way down the stairs and into the basement. There were things covered in tarps and others not.
Lorraine walked slowly and looked around in the darkness.
The boy giggled and ran out from under the tarps.
Lorraine followed the boy around the corner. She didn't see him. She took in the surroundings as she tried to find him. She turned quickly and found the dead family staring at her. Their heads snapped to a corner of the room. Lorraine followed their eyes and saw a tarp covering something flat. She hesitated to go near it. She looked back at the family but they were gone. Lorraine's breathing became heavier as she walked up to the tarp. She quickly yanked off the tarp, revealing a mirror. She admired it then that admiration soon turned to fear as something walked behind her. The nun appeared. Lorraine's eyes widened and she turned around. Nothing. She turned back to face the mirror and the nun was right next to her. Lorraine gasped and looked back again. Nothing. She turned back and the nun was right infront of her. The nun grabbed Lorraine by the neck and pushed her towards the wall. Lorraine soon realized it was her own hands. She took her hands off her neck and looked at them in shock.
A loud clatter was heard. The wall of chairs had bursted down and revealed a man. Ed.
"AAAHH!" Lorraine screamed.
"Lorraine!" Ed yelled, putting a hand on her shoulder.
Drew quickly got up and opened the curtains
Lorraine's screams turned into sobs
"Oh, god! Oh!" Lorraine cried
"Honey" Ed said, trying to calm her down.
Lorraine panted as reality set in.
"It's okay." Ed whispered as Lorraine hugged him.
"Ed." Lorraine whispered. "This is as close to hell as I ever wanna get."
Ed's small smile faded into a straight face.

Based on a true story 😍😍

THE CONJURING