II

He watches Jaskier storm off, and wishes that he said nothing. He looks at the floor, feeling spots of heat on his face where Jaskier had touched him.

"That went well." Ciri states from the doorway. Geralt looks up at her anoyedly.

"What was I ment to say?" He retorts tilting his head, looking at the short teen.

"I don't know... maybe tell him what you did and how it was wrong, and say sorry." She shrugs, tossing an apple from hand to hand.

"I've done that." Geralt sighs, turning to look out the window above the sink. Ciri walks around the island to be next to him, and gives him a hug.

"You hurt him, then blamed him for your hurt when Yen got mad at you." She starts, "You need to stop trying to justify your actions, and take the fall for this." Geralt turns to Ciri and wraps his arms around her.

"When did you get so wise?" He asks kissing her on the head.

She giggles, "I was always wise, but I'm only just giving you help now."

"Why would that be?" Geralt asks, letting her go.

She looks up at Geralt with a somber expretion, "I just miss when you we happy, and things weren't complicated."

Things were always complicated. He thought, looking out the window for a second.

Gerapt looks at her, and nods. "I'll try to work this out." He promises, giving her one last kiss on the head, and then continuing the dishes. Ciri stays for a second and the walks out of the room.

The house is quiet, and Geralt is lying under the covers trying to sleep. He doesn't know why, but something is keeping him up.

The streets are quiet, but he can hear distant noises of life. Geralt gets up, and pulls on a hoodie from the floor, then walks out into the hall, and down the stairs into the kitchen. A light is on, and Jaskier is standing next to the sink, drinking a glass of water.

He nods at Geralt, who stands there looking confused.

"What's wrong?" He asks Jaskier, who is drenched in sweat.

"I don't fucking know Geralt." Jaskier sighs, shaking his head. Geralt walks over to him, and seeing that Jaskier is shaking all over. He puts his hand on Jaskiers head, and furrows his brow.

No temperature. "Hm." He cups Jaskier's face in his hands. Jaskier got red, and Geralt removes his hands. "How do you feel?" He asks, looking worried.

"I feel like shit, I can't breath." He says shortly, breathing heavily. Jaskier takes another gulp of water.

"Panic attack?" Geralt suggests, moving to hold Jaskier, but then deciding against it.

"Probably." Jaskier admits annoyedly.

"Is there anything I can do?" Geralt asks, not sure how to handle this anymore.

"Can you just stay with me?" Jaskier asks, leaning against Geralt's shoulder. "Please?"

Geralt nods, and wraps and arm around Jaskier, staying quiet.

"Where's Roach?" Jaskier asks in a tired voice.

"She's at my Dad's. He said that taking care of her would be fun to while away the time, and I'm going to go pick her up in a week or two." Geralt replies.

"Fun." Jaskier says, leaning more into Geralt.

Geralt stays silent not knowing what to say, or what is okay to do anymore. He hopes that Jaskier will say something. Jaskier starts to shake, with small sobs escaping his mouth.