Chapter 1

Skye's POV

I've first met Kayla when we were in kindergarten, I remembered seeing a cute pigtailed girl crying beside the playhouse all alone, and so me being me, approached her. We quickly became best friends after that.

Since my mom died because of a car accident, my dad was both my parent and first best friend, so when I met Kayla, I excitedly told stories about her to my dad. Kindergarten was only a short time though, so we thought we'd get separated then one day we found out that my dad and Kayla's mom used to be friends back in high school, so basically our families became friends with each other. Kayla's mom and her sister, who is just a year older, treated me like family and same goes for Kayla, my dad treated her like family as well then later on they told us that they were going to enroll us in the same school, we were overjoyed and since then we became inseparable.

As the years went on I realized that I'm different from other girls, my female classmates were looking at the cute little boy by the swing while my attention was on one of my pretty female classmate, but of course I was still young so I still didn't know what it means until I reached fifth grade, that's when I realized what the word "lesbian" means, which is what I am. I decided to tell my dad about my sexuality and he understood and accepted me. He kept saying "I love you no matter what" and "don't change yourself for other people, be you". He was always very supportive of me.

It took me quite a while to tell Kayla that I'm a lesbian but since she's my very best friend, I decided to tell her. So one afternoon, I just simply told Kayla, "I'm gay". I expected to see her shocked expression but I didn't, what I saw was happiness; she was smiling, "Finally". Turns out she already knew, when I asked her how, she replied, "well, it is obvious, while I'm looking at a boy, your eyes are jumping from one girl to another" she giggled and hugged me, "no matter what, we're always gonna be best friends, so don't hide anything from me."

Later on, I found out that Aunt Liz and Alice also knew about my sexuality and they fully accepted me. I thought that after I come out, everything will change. I was mostly wrong, nothing changed at all. My dad treated me the same although he started reading LGBT-themed books, I guess he wanted to understand my sexuality more. Same goes with Kayla's family, they stayed the same which of course, brought me extreme happiness.

Years went on and Kayla and I graduated grade school and began high school. Kayla and I both got into a relationship too. Now it's almost the end of our senior year in high school, so we're all busy preparing for college.

"Hey Kayla! Are you done? We're going to be late!" I shouted from the dining room

"Yeah! I'm coming!" Kayla shouted back as she walked towards the kitchen

"She slept in again?" Dad asked

"Yep" I simply replied

"And you didn't wake her?"

"Well, I tried, she just kept on snoring" I said then took a bite of my pancake

"I was not snoring!" Kayla walked in, grabbing the seat next to mine, "I was sleeping heavily"

"Of course you were" I teased "hurry up and eat, I wanna see what kind of booths they're preparing for tomorrow."

Kayla reached and grabbed a fork, dad then handed her a plate of pancakes. She smiled and thanked dad while I continued eating

"So since graduation is nearby, what course you two are planning on taking?" Dad asked as he started cleaning the pan he used to make the pancakes

"We're planning on taking performing arts, right Skye?" Kayla excitedly announced, turning to me, waiting for me to back up this plan of hers.