ch 1

Bonnie's POV.

Deep  breaths, I reminded myself. I could hardly remember how I had gotten into this situation. You're not claustrophobic. I told myself. You're not. It was a lie. I was completely claustrophobic. I was scared of tight spaces, the dark, bugs, heights, and rejection. But the worst things were the things that lurked in the dark.

Well, not all of them, I thought, thinking of the few supernatural creatures I knew who weren't bad. There was Stefan and Damon- though his morals were a bit questionable, Elena- who was actually human again, Meredith- who would kill me if she knew that I was clumping her in with the rest of the supernatural, even though she was mostly just a hunter, and then there was Sage. Sage was nice.

Too bad Sage is also a trillion worlds away, literally," I muttered to myself. It suddenly occurred to me that Sage might not actually be as far away as I thought he was, because I had no Idea where I really was.

I pushed at the metal walls around me again. To say I was in a room would be too generous. Everything around me was silver, straight walls, even the floor I was standing on. I could not actually stand, I could only half stand, staying in a crouch. When I reach out my hand on both sides of me, I could not extend my arm fully before they were stopped by the walls. I was in a rectangular, metal tank, and I had no idea how I was supposed to get out.

Damon! I mentally screamed again, as I had been for the last hour. I was getting exhausted, my vision fading in and out. The dull light in the box seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere at the same time, no cracks, no seams, just a box that was completely shut. Had I been reasonable, I would have realized that I was lucky I could see a few inches in front of my face. It was my Witch blood that allowed me to see so well. Normal people would not have been able to see anything. Damon! Stefan! Meredith! Sage! Anyone!

I pounded on the walls again, a dull thud echoing around me. My sobs were broken now, no more tears available to be shed. I slid down the box and curled up into a ball at the bottom, my back pressed firmly against one of the sides.

"The specimen seems to be calming down," a voice said from the observation deck. It belonged to a man who was tall and thin, but muscular. His long fingers typed at the keyboard in front of him, manipulating the variables of the situation he watched play out in front of him on the computer screen. Below him was a large box, the size of a semi-trailer. Inside that box many mechanisms worked to do their job and a small, red headed girl curled into a ball at the bottom of the third smallest setting.

"your specimen seemed to be giving up," a woman replied. This woman held a resemblance to Bonnie with her red hair but the similarities stopped there. She was tall and confident, standing up straight and she refused to take no for an answer.

"Give it time," the man replied, his eyes never leaving the screens in front of him. Each screen displayed a new angle of the small Witch in her box. "We'll find out exactly what makes this thing tick." He pressed one final button and watched as his new approach was played out in front of him.

I sat in a ball for what felt like forever. It was indeed only three minutes; I had counted. Suddenly a soft noise started up, jerking me back to red-alert. It took me a couple of seconds to feel the effects of the cold air that suddenly seeped from the invisible pores in the small metal confinement. It was like ice, invisible ice in the air. My lungs hurt when I took a breath and eyes fluttered shut against the pained feeling of opening them. I shook violently. I wanted to scream but I knew that would require me to breath in more of the horrible air. The wall that I leaned against was no use in storing heat and grew even colder like a plate left in the freezer for too long, biting at my skin.