Chapter 13

MK was understandably worried about how Red would act around his friends. He knew that the demon didn't necessarily like his friends, but to be fair, Red Son didn't necessarily like MK until he moved in with him. MK hated the idea of having Red Son up in his apartment all day with nobody to keep him company, but what choice did he have? He has to go to work everyday!

Right now, MK was pacing nervously around the living area as he waited on Red to finish getting ready. What if my friends attack him? What if he attacks my friends? What if they end up hating each other forever and ever and Red Son never has anyone to hang out with besides me? What if... All the different possible outcomes of the events to come spiraled through the human's mind, causing him to pace faster. However, he was interrupted by Red Son leaving his room, ready to head down to Pigsy's.

He was wearing his usual outfit accompanied with the same black fingerless gloves he wore on Sunday. He seemed to notice that MK was quite nervous despite his cheerful tone he had spoke in when he suggested the idea earlier that evening. MK took note that Red Son looked ever so slightly anxious as well but he tried to hide it beneath his normal regal attitude.

"Ready to go?" MK asked.

".... Honestly, no, but I can be." The fire demon replied.

Thus, they left the loft and headed down to the humble noodle shop below. The stairs seemed to last for years and years. After they had walked down a few steps, MK looked in Red's direction to see him fiddling with the burnt edges of his jacket. He glanced back at MK to get any sort of hint at how he was feeling, but instead met the boy's gaze. They both stiffened slightly and looked away, they're cheeks heating up a bit.

"Hey Red?" MK said, breaking the silence between them.

"Hmm?" Red Son hummed in response.

"It's just.... I can tell that you're nervous, and I don't mean to call you out on that, so don't get all defensive because it's obvious. I wanted to let you know that I've already asked my friends to try and give you a second chance. I don't know how willing each of them are to do so, but I do know that it can't be a one sided effort. I just ask that you give them a second chance too."

Red Son looked back at MK for a second, and then looked down at his feet. He thought over all that MK had said.

"....Okay fine. But only because I have an image to uphold and being a loner doesn't exactly help. Not because I want more friends or anything." Red said with a tiny smile.

MK gave a little laugh. "Sure."

The two of them emerged from the staircase and was met with Pigsy, Tang, Mei, Sandy, and of course, Mo, who were all there upon MK's request. They all turned their heads to look at them as they entered the shop. All eyes were on Red Son, who looked like he wanted to sprint back up to the apartment, lock the door, and suffocate himself in pillows. MK, who was starting to feel guilty for putting the poor demon in this situation, addressed the room of people.

"gUys-- " He said when his voiced cracked, so he cleared his throat to eliminate the possibility of that happening again. "*Ahem*... Guys, as you know, this is Red Son. Red Son, this is Mei, Sandy, Pigsy, Tang, and that's Mo."

"Heyyyy Red Boy! heard you've been rooming with MK for a while! How's that going?" Mei asked.

Red Son immediately switched from his nervous demeanor back to his arrogant and stuck up one.

"It's been.... Uh... Adequate. Messy, but adequate." Red confirmed.

"He hasn't tried to kill me yet, so I'd say that's a win." MK chimed in.

"Oh please, Noodle Boy, as if I would try and kill you after you gave me somewhere to live."

"If that's your weird way of saying thank you, then you're welcome! Anyway, Red Son and I have been getting along pretty well, and I just thought it'd be super cool if you guys could all get along with him too. So pleeeeeease at least try! For me?" MK pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

MK didn't notice Red Son looking at him, but his friends did. Red became aware of the eyes that were back on him and his face turned red when he realized that he was caught staring at MK. He scoffed and looked at the floor, crossing his arms. Everyone turned their attention back to the pleading young man.

"Alright kid. But if he does anything fishy, so help me..." Pigsy threatened, slowly raising a wooden spoon.

"I can assure you all that it is not in my interests to harm the Noodle Boy." Red Son said.

"Oh yeah? And how can we be sure that you won't go crawling back to your parents the first chance you get?" Pigsy snapped at him.

Red winced at the mention of his parents but tried not cover it up. However, this did not go unnoticed by MK. "Pigsy...!" He said, warning the pig man of the impact his words may have on the fire demon.

"No! I want to know how we can trust him!" Pigsy said.

"Oh gee, let me think. Probably the fact that my parents humiliated me, screamed at me, banished me from they're home, and left me to fend for myself on the dirty streets of the city. Besides, If I wanted to betray you all, I would've done so already and succeeded." Red Son retorted, trying to defend himself.

"He's got a fair point, Pigsy. I think we can trust him. He seems like he would rather go against his parents now rather than go with them. What if he's really trying to change? I believe we should give him the chance to try." Sandy said.

"Yeah! I think we should trust MK's judgment, and if MK trusts Red Boy, then so do I." Mei piped up. Mo meowed in approval. MK flashed a bright, thankful smile towards the three of them. Pigsy pinched the bridge of his nose in thought before he finally said, "Fine. I'll give the guy a chance. But I've got my eyes on you, Red Son."

MK felt like he could finally relax. "Thank you, guys! I really appreciate your trust, and I'm sure Red Son does too. Besides, he wouldn't hurt me, right Red?" He said while giving the demon standing next to him a small warm smile.

Red Son's face flushed. Why is he so goddamn cute? For what reason?? He asked himself, trying to hide his face with his arm.

"N-No. I already said that, Noodle Brain." He said, his sleeve still muffled his voice. MK turned his attention back to the rest of the Monkie Gang. "It's starting to get super late. We should probably head up for the night. See you all tomorrow!" MK said, dragging Red back up to the loft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N): Howdy! Hope you guys liked this chapter and all it's fluff. Next Chapter will be out soon, probably.
Have a great day/night!

1234 Words