Chapter 1

You know that feeling you have when you wake up one morning and you can just tell something is going to happen? Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, you can just feel it? That's how I felt this morning when I woke up. Nothing seemed different, yet, but I knew it was coming. After breakfast I walked out onto the balcony breathing in the fresh salty air and looking out at the water. I guess I should mention I live on the beach. I have my whole life. Which why I think the fact that I feel like something is going to happen won't be good. Although in this area no ginormous storms have ever come our way, well at least since I've been here. "You feel it too, huh?"My brother, Tucker, said from right next to me scaring me out of my skin. I jumped and hit him in the arm while he laughed at me. His sandy colored hair was combed to stand straight up, his crystal blue eyes sparkling in the morning sun looked down at me, and that goofy smirk and perfect teeth. Tucker was like every girls dream guy. I should know he has girls literally drooling over him wherever he goes. Even from way up here on the balcony, if there was a girl down on the beach just passing by she would try and take a picture that was zoomed in like way to far. I would always get dirty looks from these girls and I never knew why. It's not like I'm his girlfriend or anything. He's my twin brother. Although, we don't look completely identical we still have our similarities. We both have really blue eyes and semi bushy eyebrows, we also have the same nose but that's pretty much where the similarities end. I have more of a blondish reddish hair color while my hair is also ridiculously curly, his is stick straight but you can never tell because he's always got it flipped up. "Feel what?" I asked him leaning on the railing again.

"You know exactly what I mean, Isla. I know you." Tucker said nudging my shoulder with his. I took a deep breath and looked over at him. "Okay, fine. You're right. I just feel like something's about to happen, something big. But I don't know what." I said. Tucker nodded and stared out at the horizon. Before he could respond however our mom poked her head out from the sliding door. "You two ready for school? It's the last day. Isn't that exciting?" She asked. Tucker and I both exchanged glances and rolled our eyes. "Mommm, It's the last day can't we just skip it?" Tucker asked. Mom shook her head opening the door further and holding out our lunch bags. "Absolutely not. Come on you two it's one more day. That's not to much to ask is it?" Mom asked. I shrugged my shoulders and took my lunch from her. "I guess it's not." I said at the same time Tucker said, "Yes it is." Mom rolled her eyes at us and threw Tucker's lunch bag at him. "Come on, your father's already in the car waiting for you two. Now, go!" Mom said practically pushing us down the stairs. That's one of the awesome things about having a twin, sometimes all you have to do is look at each other and you know exactly what the other is thinking. Mom went back inside and I looked over at Tucker with a wild smirk on my face. "Ready, Set, GO!" Tucker yelled and the two of us took off down the stairs. At this point, we probably didn't even have to look at each other to race down these stairs. We've done it everyday since the day we could run. Tucker was in the lead. I was not going to let him win this time. I put all of my strength into my feet and I shot past my brother all the way down the stairs. "WHOA!" I heard him yell as I rushed past him. I laughed and made the mistake of looking over my shoulder. "Isla! Look out!!" Tucker yelled. I looked straight again but I was too late I ran right into a girl about my age or a bit older. Both of us crashed to the ground hard. I jumped to my feet and held out my hand to her. "Oh my god. I am so sorry! I didn't mean it I swear. Ar- Are you okay?" I asked trying to catch my breath. The girl took my hand and I pulled her to her feet. She was a few inches shorter than me, her blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail and her deep brown eyes searched my blue ones. "I really am sorry." I said. She smiled at me and bent down to pick up some clothing that fell out of the box she had been carrying. "It's alright, that was amazing by the way, the way you raced down those stairs like that." She said in a faint country accent. I bent down and helped her pick up some clothes. "Thanks, that's my brother, Tucker and I'm Isla. I honestly can't tell you how sorry I am for running into you like that." I said putting the clothes into the box. The girl laughed and held up her hand. "And I honestly can't tell you how okay that is. I'm not hurt I promise. I'm Autumn by the way." She said grabbing the box and standing up again. I pushed myself to my feet and shook her outstretched hand.