29. PRETTY OLD LIES

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙CHAPTER TWENTY-NINEPRETTY OLD LIES⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
PRETTY OLD LIES
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The first thing Tanya noticed when Han, Gisele, Riley, and Roman walked in was the walk of shame they were on. Placing her pen down and sitting up, she looked Roman up and down.

Each of them looked exhausted and worn down. Bruises and cuts very noticeable on their faces as they winced with each step they took. "You guys looked like you got your asses handed to you."

"We met Dom's girlfriend," Riley replied. "She's lovely."

Luke raised a brow, a hint of concern in his eyes. "You all right?"

Riley nodded with a small smile of reassurance. "Yeah."

"That's funny because Brian and Dom had the same incident," Tanya added with a sigh following. "Shit show that was."

Her words earned a bit of a glare and Tanya pursed her lips. Glancing at Han, who hadn't taken any hints of what she was alluding to. And that only made her feel terrible because she, Dom and Brian were keeping his sister's existence a secret. It was a cruel joke if you asked Tanya. If she thought her brother was dead and Luke kept it secret, she might've killed him. There's something you don't come between and that family. Flesh and blood mean the world to someone who's built their entire life around it.

Nevertheless, she nodded in submission. Willing to play this waiting game until either Dom or Brian got the balls to say something. "Tej, what have you got?" Luke asked. "Footage. CCTV. Talk to me."

The man in question turned from his computer. "I just went through all of it," he declared. "Believe it or not, everywhere Shaw's team is, the cameras are down."

"That's a hell of a coincidence," Luke mused.

"Any chance there are cameras in a specific area of the city that is shut down frequently?" Tanya asked.

Tej shook his head. "I know what you're thinking," he acknowledged. "But with the cameras being down and all over the place, it's hard to triangulate and pinpoint their position off of chance. So, either I can break through their firewall defences, which whoever created them is experienced, or we have to play the waiting game."

Tanya nodded with a hum as Luke sighed. "All right, we're gonna pay CCTV a little visit," he said before turning to Tanya. "You're rolling with us."

"Ooo, exciting," Tanya teased with a little elbow to Luke's arm.

"Hey, be careful," Brian called out.

His sister rolled her eyes in response. "When am I not, Bri?"

"Never, actually," Roman piped in.