C16 Speak Or Die

"You.... Did you come back as a ghost?!"

Cai Feng was so scared out of his wits that his body was trembling while his teeth were clattering.

"You don't need to know."

Su Lang revealed an indifferent smile and said, "All you need to know is that you are going to die!"

In the next moment, Su Lang grasped tightly onto his blade and slightly pressed down on Cai Feng's neck as a string of blood revealed itself from under.

"No! Don't kill me! I had no other choice!"

Feeling that his neck was about to be sliced open, Cai Feng — terrified out of this world — kept begging for mercy and forgiveness.

If Su Lang's Tang knife was not on his neck, he would have gotten down on his knees and kowtowed.

"You were left with no other choice?"

Su Lang raised his eyebrows and asked, "Did someone order you to do so?"

"Yes, it's a mission assigned by our Deputy Sect Master!"

Cai Feng saw the light of hope in his sights and hurriedly added, "Otherwise, we wouldn't have dared to murder you in the city since it's against the law!"

"Why did he order you to attack an ordinary person like me?"

Su Lang revealed a waning frown. The original host's parents did not have any enemies when they were alive. Even after their deaths, they did not leave behind anything worthy of being coveted by others.

"I don't know either."

Cai Feng said on the verge of tears, "We were just following orders. Please forgive me."

"Humph."

Su Lang gave a cold snort and said, "Let me ask you another question. Did something happen within your stronghold?"

"Ho-How did you know?"

Upon hearing his question, Cai Feng was completely dumbstruck. Since the matter was related to a type of precious medicine, the information should not have been leaked from the stronghold.

"Sure enough... tell me what happened."

The corner of Su Lang's mouth curled up into a smile. "If your answer satisfies me, I will show mercy and spare you life."

"But... I will die If I leak the secret!"

Cai Feng swallowed his saliva with utmost difficulty as a trace of hesitation appeared on his face.

"Speak or die!"

At that moment, Su Lang put even more pressure on his Tang Blade, causing the vein on Cai Feng's neck to be sliced open. With that, the string of blood turned into a crimson stream as it flowed down his neck."

"Please don't do it! I'll open my mouth!"

Horrified by the feeling of blood flowing down his neck, Cai Feng began speaking in a wavering tone, "The members of our stronghold discovered a stalk of Tier 5 medicinal herb. Since it was guarded by an E-class Wind Wolf, however, every single one of our guards and experts in the stronghold went there to obtain the herb."

After leaking the information, Cai Feng's face turned glum. He knew that it would only be a matter of time before the matter of him leaking the secret would be spread around the group. Thus, the only thing that awaited him was endless torture.

"Tier 5 medicinal herb?"

Su Lang's eyes lit up as he thought to himself, "That precious medicinal herb can be used to concoct Tier 5 medicinal pills!"

The higher the tiers of medicinal pills, the more their value would multiply. Even the lowest grade Tier 5 medicinal pills would end up being sold for seven to eight hundred gold coins!

As for the precious medicinal herb that serves as the main ingredient of the medicinal pill, it would be worth at least half of the medicinal pill's price — around four hundred gold coins!

This medicinal herb became an incomparable temptation for Su Lang since he urgently needed more gold coins to upgrade the One-Click Cultivation Function.

"Tell me, where is the location of the Tier 5 medicinal herb?"

Su Lang asked Cai Feng with a "gentle" smile.

"It is in the Gourd Valley to the west of the stronghold. It will take you more than half an hour to get there."

Cai Feng said nervously, "That's all I know. Please let me go."

"One last question."

Su Lang asked seriously, "When will the experts in the stronghold leave?"

"Well... they just left not long ago."

Cai Feng answered his question obediently before revealing a look of disbelief. "You're not going to take advantage of that and enter the place, right?"

"You're just an ordinary person who even relied on luck to subdue me. If you dare to go to the stronghold, you will definitely be tortured to death!"

"An ordinary person? I certainly was half a day ago," Su Lang smiled.

"Half.... Half a day ago?"

Cai Feng muttered as his eyes filled with fear and shock, "You broke through to the Body Tempering Realm? Even then, you're still a newbie when it comes to these things...."

"I don't need you to worry about me."

Su Lang moved his blade even closer and stated, "Tell me the structure of the stronghold, and I will let you go."

"Yes, of course...."

Cai Feng's eyes sparkled with a glint of hope.

Immediately after, he began describing the inner and outer structures of the stronghold.

Not only did he include every single minor detail about the stronghold, he even mentioned something about a secret passageway that led to the inner parts of the stronghold.

Although most of the experts in the stronghold had gone to deal with the E-rank Wind Wolf, Cai Feng did not think that Su Lang — who he believed to have just broken through to the Initial Body Tempering Realm — was capable of dealing with the remaining Intermediate Body Tempering cultivators left behind to defend the stronghold.

If Su Lang really was to enter the stronghold, he would absolutely not be able to fight back against the group of cultivators inside, let alone escape from the place.