Chapter 16

" Are you sure it won't be a bother?" 

You shake your head, chuckling. 

You'd been considering expanding your garage to adjust to Ratchet. You figured he'd prefer being an autobot more than human, and you wanted him to have that choice to be himself whenever he wanted. It wouldn't be hard to. 

"It's really no problem. This way I get more space and you can be comfortable. It's a win win." Ratchet looks more than a little grateful.

"You're one of a kind (Y/N)."

"Stop with the flattery, it's no big deal. That's what friends do. " Ratchet's face twisted at that word.

Friends.

"I don't understand, why do you still say that?"

"Say..say what?" you don't get why he suddenly appears annoyed.

"Friends. Is that truly how you see me?" 

He thought he'd been doing this right. Jonathan had been giving him tips to let you know how he felt. Holding hands, that's something a couple usually did. He may not have been caught up with current courting customs, but he did enough research. Friends certainly didn't look at each other the way he looked at you.

"I believed I was being forward with what I wanted, but it appears I was mistaken."

"Ratchet I don't understand what you're-"

"What if you were the one I want to pursue?" 

The statement causes you to freeze. At the back of your mind, this is what you'd hoped for. But lately you've been questioning so much. Ratchet's feelings being one. 

Was he truly attracted to you, or was this a mere need to latch onto the only thing that brought him security. You wanted something real. And up until now, you never truly question just how much you may have been holding him back because you wanted to keep him close.

He reaches for you, but you pull back.

"You don't mean that." It's not said harshly, more like in disappointment.

"It's normal, Ratchet. You've been cooped up with just me. " He's a lot more relaxed around people than before, but you're the only one who truly knows who he is.

"You feel safe around me because you trust me. Trust and love aren't the same Ratchet. I don't think you really have feelings for me. So let's just pretend this didn't happen and move on. "

"Are you saying I'm so broken that I can't process what I feel?" you meant to smile it all off, but his statement throws you off.

"N-No that's not what I"m saying I just think that you-"

"That I'm latching onto the only connection I have with a human. An individual who has gone above and beyond to protect a stranger, an alien. Asking for nothing in return. A woman who's as beautiful as she is inside as she's outside."

That catches you by surprise.

"I may not have been human for very long, but I am a being, capable of my own free will. I understand what it means to care for another. My comrades, they are my family. I care for them, the same way I've come to care for you."

Your heart thumps at the confession. He's been moving in since he started his speech. You're still standing with your back to the counter, and now that he's directly in front of you, you have to tilt your head slightly to look at him.

"Am I not enough?"

"O-Of course you are! Why would you even.." your words fall off when his hand rests on your cheek.

"I never planned for any of this, but I don't regret any of it. Nor do I think my feelings for you are false."

And here you were trying to protect yourself. You were just afraid that he was confused about it all. You felt like you'd be taking advantage of him. But it was clear that this was his choice. He wanted this.

"I care about you too, Ratchet. " You never thought you'd be admitting that to him.

He smiles, the first of many you hope. When his gaze fixates on your lips, that smile slowly falls and he swallows.

"Oh boy.."

He definitely wanted to kiss you.

"D-Do you.."

"Yes." 

His response is immediate.

His hand moves down your cheek, thumb sliding to your bottom lip. Your lips part in anticipation. You wish he'd hurry up and just kiss you. It's his first, so you know he's curious about it all. He's apparently assessing every single detail. Your half lidded eyes, staggered breath, rapid heart rate. He inhales, groaning.

He could smell the effect it was having on you. With one quick move his lips cover over your own and you close your eyes, holding unto him. He knows he should show some restraint. Spending so much time around humans taught him a lot, about females in particular. 

He should savor this. But he can't stop himself. His hands wrap around your body, pulling you in. Every kiss is like a shot that travels right to his spark. He understood the appeal to this now. You taste sweet, feel soft, warm.

It's something he didn't realize he craved until now.

Your lips are parting and joining in hurried passion. This feels so good. You finally will yourself to pull back when you need to take a breath. Ratchet apparently doesn't care too much for oxygen. It's clear that he's just as winded as you are, but he's still littering kisses along your cheek, then your neck. You moan.

"Why do you smell so good.." He mutters into your skin. You're positive he isn't talking about your perfume.

"Ratchet.." 

It's a whimper. If this keeps up you know you won't be able to stop.

"Tell me what you want me to do..I'll do anything you want.." He whispers against your ear.

If you weren't completely aroused before, you sure as hell were now.

"Don't stop." you demand. He grins.

"Gladly."

He picks you up easily, and you don't need to be a genius to know where he's going. The slamming of his door echoes throughout the house.

Neither of you would be leaving for the next few hours.