It All Started With the Cotillion

"Ma! Nooooooo! Don't make me go! I'll be good I promise. Mami por favor!!!!!!" I yell grabbing the sides of the car while my mom has me stretched outside the car by my feet in the air.

"Miranda, you're gonna love me for this. I -ugh!-loved it when I was your age and you'll love-Oh my god! What have you been eating!?!?!?-it too. Just like me!"Ma says struggling to pull me out of the car.

"LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"I yell. Just about everybody in the neighborhood and innocent passing bystanders was surrounding us or stopped by to stare at the crazy teen getting pulled out of a car by her feet by her mom.

Ma gasps and stares at the front of the car." Oh my god! Is that Kadie Simmons' son, Jerrek walking this way?!?!?!?!"

"Where?!?!?!?!"I ask and I absent-mindedly let my guard down letting ma have the upper hand and pull me out of the car, making me take a blow to the noggin.

"Ow!"I cry.

"Sorry hun, but this is for your own good!"she says as she drags me by my feet towards the church's front doors through the grass.

"Help!!! Help!!!!!!!!Abuse!!!!!! Rape!!!!!!!"I yell but the people just stand there and stare. "Oh my gosh are you kidding me people?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Yall not gonna even help me?!?!?! What has happend to our nation these days!?!?"

"Sorry but they don't care,"Ma says as we near the church building's stairs. I cross my arms in a fit. She pulls me up them by my feet still and i hit my head on the three steps as we go up. She opens the door and continues to drag me in untill we reach the old kitchen where everybody was.

Ma lets go of my foot and straightens out her clothes as Pastor Rummels approached us. "Hello Pastor Rummels. How are you today?"

"Fine and you Sister Korrels?" Pastor asks. Pastor Rummels is a 40 year old man with a hairline that receeded so much it looked as if someone shaved off all of his hair except on the sides and was about 6 ft. 

"Oh I'm fine. Just trying to get Rain here. You know she's just so excited to be here"she says smiling. I could hear her sarcasim about me on the side.

"Ah, I see,"Pastor Rummels say and then he turns to me."And how are you Maxsceene?"

"Oh, I'm just peachie keens here Pastor Rummels,"I say sarcasticly with a fake smile. Ma kicks my thigh."Ow."

"Well we'll just have to contain all of that excitement won't we? "

"What ever tickles your pickle dude,"I say saluting him. Ma kicks me in my thigh harder."OW!"

Pastor Rummels turns back to my mom."We'll see you in about and hour or two."

"Ok, see you in a few hunny. Gotta go run a few errands,"ma says to me as she turns to leave."Love you." She blows me a kiss and walks out of the kitchen.

"Lies!!!!!"I yell out but I just here her laugh and say "Love you more!!!!"

I sigh. "Maxsceene, would you like to join the circle?" The pastor ask in the corner with the rest of the teenage victims who were sniggering at me.

"No, I'm pretty content right here. But thanks for the offer. I really appreciate it-"

"Raina!!!!"I hear my mom yell. I groan and get up and join the stupid circle where the people were snickering even louder.

"Thank you Maxsceene,"He says smiling at me."Now if everyone could join hands."

I'd wish he'd stop calling me that. Maxsceene is my-well one of my-middle name(s). 

"Aww look at the two trying to manly by not holing hands,"I coo as I go fill in the gap between my two best guy friends Ty and Willkz. They weren't holding hands because-obviously-they thought of it being kind of fruity(nothing against that of course. They just didn't want to be thought of like that. They have their "player" and "gangster" looks to uphold.-_-.)Willkz just waved my way and continued to flirt with this blond 

"We saw Rochelle trying to pull you out off the car,"Ty snickers. I give him a blow to his stomach.

"How many times go I have to tell you not to call my mom that?"I say. Tyler doubled over.

"Da-"

"Now now. We're in the Lord's house,"I say with a smile acting innocent. Tyler glares at me but tries to stand straight."Now take my hand sweetly." I blink my eyes rapidly like a goo-goo headed doll.

Tyler glares at me but takes my hand and squeezes it hard,

"Ahh!!!!!!!!"I moan.

Pastor Rummels turns towards me."Is there something you'd like to share Maxsceene?"

"Just that I'm cramping with the Lord, Sir"I say through gritted teeth.

Ty leans towards me."You know it's not good to lie under the Lord's house, right?"

"Shove it, you cow!!!"

"Sure. In your mom,"he snickers. I keep my face content but i lean towards him as if I'm about to whisper in his ear, which was extremely difficult since he towered over me. Him being 5'10 and me being only 5'4, and I bite his ear hard."AHHHHHH!"

Pastor Rummels turns towards Ty this time."Anything wrong, Tyler?"he says a little irratably.

"No Sir. I's just vibing with the spirit of the Lord. Can we get to the praying please?"

Pastor Rummels turns back around and finish talking to a few people he was at first.

"You know it's not good to lie under the Lord's house, right?"I mock smiling. Ty sneers.

"Stop the violence, people!" Willkz says.

"Shut up, Willkz" I laugh ruffling his hair, which I had to stretch to do since he himself was 5'9. 

"Hey! It takes time to get waves like this!"he says taking out his brush from his pocket.

"Boy, those aren't waves. They're naps,"Ty jokes.

"Man, whatever. Hey B, we seen you hit cho' head on the car. Did your mom get chu with the Jerrick trick again?"

I glare but laugh."Yeah, she did."

Willkz laughs back."You know he wouldn't be here. He has a baseball game."

"That girl's sprung,"Ty laughs. I punch him in his arm."Ow! Hurtful. Pain inflicting person."

"Oh stop being sure a big baby,"I laugh shoving him.

Pastor Rummels claps his hands loudly."Okay, I think it's time to pray before we start so everyone bow your heads."

Willkz, Ty, and I grab hands again and everybody bows their heads and close their eyes; I,on the other hand,just stare at my black and red Chucks.

Pastor Rummels begans to pray." Okay, father load, our fair savior. We come to you today in hopes-"

"Sorry, am I late?"

Everyone looks towards the entrance door to see the interrupter stand there out of breath and panting a little. Right then, my world just altered.

******************************************

Thx for reading!plz rate and msg plz!!!!!thxies

© Copyright**Renee**; 2011.

All rights Reserved.