18th of December

18.12-7.30pm (19.30)
Kate POV:

Last table of the days. The customers were luckily really kind. It was a young probably married couple. My phone vibrated as I received a text message from Ty:
                 *You and me and Switzerland.*

I loved the idea of getting away, I have some money already saved. It wasnt much, but I knew how to get by with not much.

The cafe closed at 8pm (20.00). The couple left a few minutes ago, I cleaned the tables. I was ready to go but someone knocked on the door. „Its closed." I shouted without looking. But the knocking didnt stop. I turned around, it was Ty. I opened the door and locked again. „You didnt answer." he said.
„I had customers."
„So? You, me, switzerland. The life you wanted. My grandpas will is finally being given out and I got some small cabin by the mountains. Itll be the life you always wanted." he said with a charming smile. He seemed so fine given the fact that his grandpas death was really recent. Despite the fact he never really knew him, it was still family.
„Id love to, but Im not sure how much I can afford, I mean- plane tickets, moving all my stuff across countries, bills." I said, really worried. The last thing I ever wanted is to be a pain in the ass to someone who has offered me so much.
„Oh cmon, Im your best friend! Im here to help. The plane ticket is already bought- take it as a Christmas gift, and just pack small amounts of stuff, my mom can send the rest when you make more money." Ty and I knew eachother the whole life, his parents were mine and the same for him- my parents were also his.
„Fine." I finally agreed: „When are we leaving?"
„After new years, 5th of January. Thats enough time for everything." He began explaining everything: „Its getting late, do you want me to walk home with you?" He finished his tiring talk about his future plans. I nodded.

As we were getting closer to my main door I asked him if he wanted to sleep over at my place today. „Its friday, I get paid tomorrow, I can even invite you for a nice breakfast!" I joked. „You know I hate when you pay for me, what about you rather make me some pancakes?" Since he grew up rich and I didnt, he made sure I never starved, always had money to pay my bills and more in case of emergencies. I worked at the same cafe since I was 15, first to help out my mom, but when she passed when I was 17, I needed money for everything. I could afford to take care of our big house so I sold it and rented a small studio. It was perfect for one person. But Tayler and his parents were always more than happy to lend me some money. I always refused but Tyler still found ways how to take care of me.