|-Chapter 29-|

Katsuki was hurt. He was so, so hurt. Not physically, although Shigaraki had sliced his shoulders up and Dabi scabbed up his back, he was fine, physically. But he felt a tear flow down his cheek as he replayed Izuku sobbing into his comforter, barely eating or drinking anything. He watched as he called out for Katsuki and how he repeated the same word often, Why. It broke him as he heard Izuku scream in his sleep, all alone, thrashing around and pulling the sheets off his bed.

Inko had stopped checking on him as he screamed after the fourth night. Instead, she would sit in front of his door, her hand on the doorknob as she sobbed.

Katsuki finally got internet and played all the camera footage. His eyes were full of liquid as he watched every second of Izuku's pain. How he clung to his gifts like they were his life source. How his mom would come in with a plate of food and water, just setting it on his nightstand and taking the full plate of cold food from the previous drop-off.

He wanted to hurt whoever put his family through this much pain, but it was him. It was his fault that they were going through all of this. So, instead of coping healthily, he trained 'till he dropped. He had Toga throw all kinds of shit his way, busting him up. But he continued. He had even asked Shigaraki to use his quirk while training- but as much as Shigarki wanted to accept, he shot down the offer. He knew AFO would have his ass.

He had Dabi burn him bad enough that his back had bubbles down the middle. He was in pain but it wasn't enough. He told Spinner to shoot at him, as he tried to dodge the bullets. He tried to dodge Toga's knives that were whizzing past him. He was jumping over things, ducking, flying. His muscles spazzed as he walked to his room and his legs gave out.

Toga ran up the stairs quickly, hearing the loud 'thunk' from upstairs. She saw Katsuki laying on the floor, passed out, and sighed. She started dragging him towards his room and he woke up with a start, his senses going into overload mode.

He stood shakily, grunting as he pushed Toga's comforting hand off of his shoulder. He went to his room and closed his door loudly, stomping over to the bed. He decided he would check the cameras before he passed out again.

Katsuki didn't even change or shower before he fell onto his bed, his muscles giving out.

He took out his computer and logged in, going to the camera footage.

He watched as Izuku sat in the middle of the room, wearing his collar and just kneeling with his eyes closed. Katsuki wondered what he was doing until Izuku got up, wiping tears from his face and a newfound determination set in his expression.

He watched as Izuku cleaned around the room, taking his laundry out of the room and coming back a few minutes later. He watched as Izuku cleaned up trash and put stuff in boxes and looked out the window for a moment.

Katsuki smiled proudly as Izuku got off his ass and got over it.

|-|-|-|-|

Katsuki trained less today, giving his muscles a breather for the rest of the day as he sat in his room, watching Izuku pack and clean. He was going to school as a second-year tomorrow. His smirk never let up as Izuku wore his collar and one of Katsuki's hoodies, smiling as he baked with his mom.

|-|-|-|-|

Katsuki watched Izuku throughout the day, making sure there were no... complications. He watched as the class mobbed Izuku when he showed up alone and he immediately wanted to bash all their faces in but he calmed himself.

He knew he couldn't let himself be seen yet.

So he stayed back and raged by himself from his hiding point.

He watched Izuku throughout the class and noticed how down and lost in his mind Izuku appeared. He also noticed no one else besides himself and Icy-Hot noticed this about him. He focused on Shoto for a few moments, notices how he was momentarily glancing at Izuku and seethes.

While he was watching Shoto, he noticed the boy look around, as if he was making sure no one saw him and the dual-haired boy looked straight at Katsuki. Katsuki hid as well as he could and he swore under his breath. He saw how it looked like Shoto was staring right at him and then look away monotone as ever.

Katsuki swore again, slightly louder, and looked around.

What the hell was that?

|-|-|-|-|

Katsuki made sure no one saw him as he watched Izuku walk on the pathway to the dorms with Round Face. His fists became white with how hard he was clenching them out of anger as Ochaco kept on randomly touching Izuku.

He watched as Shoto started walking with them too, he looked over in Katsuki's direction once again and Katsuki was bewildered.

As Shoto split off from Izuku, Katsuki snuck away, going back to the base so he could go onto the cameras.

Katsuki watched as Izuku entered his room, looking pale and he cursed himself for not putting cameras all over the dorms.

Izuku entered his room, pale as a piece of paper and eyes wide and wet. Katsuki snarled as he was ready to punch the lights out of whatever was the reason for his bunny's state right now. He turned on the audio, realizing it was off and heard Izuku's first sob.

Katsuki watched as Izuku broke down in front of the door. He watched the rest of the night as Izuku screamed his pretty lungs out and how his beautiful soul cracked in pain and betrayal.

After a few hours of crying with Izuku, he logged out and turned the computer off. Katsuki grabbed gloves and a black hoodie, throwing them on and going to Izuku's dorm. He snuck past security thanks to Kurogiri, and he dodged every person and camera stealthily until he got to Izuku's balcony.

He watched from outside as Izuku cried himself to sleep, and then he waited twenty minutes just in case. Hid slid in through the sliding glass door, that Izuku dumbly forgot to lock and he noted that he would have to scold him at some point.

Sneaking over to Izuku quietly, he picked him up, taking him over to the bed and tucking him in before laying down beside him and playing with his hair.

Izuku whimpered in his sleep and curled up into Katsuki's warmth, calming down instantly. Katsuki smiled softly down at the boy and he continued to play with his hair, humming randomly.

"I'm sorry, bunny," Katsuki whispered softly, leaning down to kiss his forehead.

"I love you Kacchan.." Izuku mumbles in his sleep and Katsuki freezes up, staying still for 7 minutes before relaxing, concluding he was sleep talking, an adorable habit he has had since they were 6.

Katsuki stays like that for the rest of the night until Izuku shows signs of waking up. Just humming and stroking his hair.

And when the sun has risen and the birds start chirping, he gives his forehead a kiss, and he slides off the bed skillfully and slips out the sliding glass door.